Naked Gun, with Liam Neesons

I was youtubing some Naked Gun/Leslie Nielsen clips only a few weeks ago and thinking that tahis franchise can not be far away from a reboot! Hopefully it works out well!

Not a joke so much as a repeating gag. Two valets that get way too into movies and actors, to the point they eventually explode. For some reason they always mispronounce/pluralize names, and it stuck as a catchphrase thing.

Don’t worry. They do get to meet Liam Neesons.

I am 100% in for Akiva Schaffer’s Naked Gun.

I’ve seen two awesome Liam Neeson cameos recently, on Derry Girls and Atlanta.

I always assumed the joke was about people who always get famous names wrong

I don’t know how I feel about taking a classic Zucker comedy, bundling it with the awesomely funny deadpan Liam Neeson, and handing a reboot over to…checks notes…the guy who made A Million Ways To Die In The West?

Which I’ve never seen, but I have seen Ted and a couple episodes of Family Guy and I watched a scene from The Orville once, so I feel my misgivings are warranted. :(

You might need to check those notes again. Did you confuse Akiva Schaffer with Seth MacFarlane?

Edit: I see now that MacFarlane is producing. So I understand the misgivings, but I’d rather him produce than direct or star in it!

Oops, you’re absolutely right! I had it in my head that MacFarlane was directing. Thanks for the correction and now that I see it’s the Rescue Rangers fella. I bailed on Rescue Rangers pretty early – it was cute, but I don’t think for me – but I know it was mostly well received in a “good for a Chip n’ Dale movie” way.

I still have misgivings about trying to reboot the Zuckers’ unique sense of humor, but I’m glad it’s not MacFarlane himself directing.

The “gag-a-minute” style seems tough to pull off just because movies have gotten so much more self-serious these days. I’m hopeful that I’ll enjoy it as much as I did Airplane! and The Naked Gun, but I wonder if I’ve aged out of the (wonderful) ability to just turn off my brain and laugh every few seconds.

Leslie Nielsen was only 54 when he appeared in Airplane. Liam Neeson is currently 70. A bit late to be getting into the comedy game, but… eh, worth a shot?

Yes, but Liam Neeson has a particular set of skills.

I wonder the same thing, but Angie Tribeca had me rolling on the floor, so maybe not.

Super official now.

Leslie Nielsen left some might big shoes to fill, I hope Liam Neesons is up for it.

Will Liam have the gift in him?

That was hilarious! What show is that from?

Extras. Fantastic show.

Slight correction, it was a different show, a Warwick Davis vehicle called Life’s Too Short.

Oops, thanks! I’ve only seen bits of that one.

Life’s Too Short.

Which is excellent, beacuse it is a Ricky Gervais style comedy show without much Ricky Gervais in it.

Thanks. I’ll check that out. Reminds me I watched a few episodes of Extras when it came out and I forgot all about it.