Nazis, please stay away from Warhammer

Title Nazis, please stay away from Warhammer
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When November 19, 2021

Games Workshop has published a warning that real-world hate groups are not welcome. It's been a thorny issue for decades. Racists, xenophobes, and extremists have always been attracted to the fictional racism, xenophobia, and extremism in the Warhammer universe..

Read the full article

High correlation with a franchise suddenly posturing against Nazism/fascism/etc. and their quality going down the hole.

Uhhh… six years to make this comment.

It’s a hot take for sure.

I don’t know, man, it feels to me like they’ve played it straighter and straighter over the years with their future fascist space empire. They could go back to being a little more tongue in cheek if you ask me.

As an FYI, things recently came to a head due to an open Nazi playing in a WH40K tournament in Spain, and when other players refused to compete with this person, the judges gave the Nazi default victories.

Nazis. I hate these guys.

I was never a 40k player (tabletop, anyway, I like Gladius and the original Dawn of War), but yeah, the TT scene always struck me as being vulnerable to wehraboos and the “alt-right” (aka neo-neo-Nazis, but we’ll pretend we’re not).

Also, this:

But I’m glad they’re (maybe? finally?) taking a stance.

We could probably stand to ban a few here would be my take.

That’s the spirit.

And you appear to be volunteering, so right back at ya with that spirit thing.

Are you serious with this shit?

There’s another way to read it. He’s saying society has progressed from banning minorities to banning Nazis instead. That’s progress.

I’m not sure which way he meant it.

EDIT: well, that was resolved.

White americans used to display “no colored allowed” sign outside their business. That’s a fact.
Germans used to ban jews, so much so that they killed 6 million of them in concentration camps. That’s a fact.
Nazis aren’t allowed in today’s society. That’s a fact.

The future? Who knows.

What kind of schmuck thinks discrimination against Blacks and Jews, let alone the Holocaust, is the equivalent of not wanting to be associated with Nazis?

People are so dim I fear we’ll never progress past this stage. Just… wtf

Projection is such a bitch.

You don’t see a difference between banning Blacks and banning Nazis?

Why do people insist on missing the forest for the trees? Is it intentional or instinctual? Real question.

Why don’t you answer the question?