NBA 2018 - 2019

You never know, Toronto might stay true to form and lay another egg in the playoffs this year!

Holy shit, are the Magic gonna pull off the upset in game 1?

I seriously turned it off in the third because I don’t have the attention span to watch sports these days. Wacky start to the playoffs.

If you watched the first 3 quarters of an NBA game, you have truly wasted your time.

But… there was one cool dunk…

Damn, hard to get a feel for who was the defensive champion for the Dubs tonight. Curry just blocking and stripping guys left and right, but so’s Iguodala and Green and Durant. I mean yeah, they rained threes left and right, too, but they were just relentlessly smothering across the board. Kinda amazed the Clips cracked 100 in the end.

Also, man, I know Beverly likes to play an attack dog and shit, but if I look up from a fall and see fucking Kevin Durant Slenderman-looming up over me like a great rising shadow, I’mma shit my pants even if I am a jacked NBA point guard.

Well, yesterday was a good day for the underdogs. 3 of the 4 games were won by the road team and both 2-7 seed matchups were upsets.

Even the champs are joining the wacky fun.

My prediction for Toronto-Orlando game 2: it will go exactly the same way except Toronto will hit a few more open 3s and Orlando will miss a few more open 3s, then the Magic lose by 10+. Sports!

That was a nice comeback by the Clips. Annoying, sure, but they certainly don’t lack for pluck.

I kinda hate the Landry Shamet for Boban and Tobias Harris trade atm, and I really like both Bobi and Tobi.

NIce? 31 points down against the 2-time defending champs on the road?

Effing incredible, actually.

I have to give the NBA credit for finding ways to continue to surprise me. It’s genuinely surprising given that the NBA should be statistically the most reliable league.

I thought the playoffs would be a snooze this year. And it could still get that way, but at least we have games 1 and 2 of the first round to remember!

Sounds like Boogie is out for the rest of the playoffs.

Really opens up the door for the Rockets in the west. Still, Durant/Curry/Green/Thompson will be hard to overcome on their own, but the Warriors get a little shallower in deprh now.

They won it without him last year. I still think they are by far the favorites. They have plenty of depth.

Pretty sure their lineups with Draymond at the 5 have performed better anyway. The Warriors never needed DMC, he was willing to sign for peanuts so why not?

Did great without him last night.

I mean if you want to go that route, they’ve had their worst record in 5 years since bringing him on the team.

Either way, Bogut is a clear downgrade in a year where the competition in the west has only been stronger. Obviously not time to panic, but certainly this isn’t amazing news.

Oh sure, Cousins is better than Bogut, especially in 2019. I think small ball is where Golden State really murders people which is why I mentioned Draymond at the 5. I’m guessing we’ll probably see more of that kind of lineup with Cousins out.

But yeah, this is still all theirs to lose. I think they’ve lost their edge after coasting since picking up Durant and that leaves them vulnerable, but they still have the most stupidly stacked team I’ve seen. Between LeBron in the East and GSW for the past several years, I’ve found the NBA to be a bit of a predictable bore, so I’m hoping they shit the bed and implode. Highly doubt it, though. :)

Yeah I complained about the signing but I almost wonder if they were worse with him**, and he would provide an Achilles heel that some team could use to steal a few games. Oh well, it’s irrelevant now.

** I mean I think the statistics back this up but I’m too lazy to check