NBA 2018 - 2019

Shows how much I know. We have a series!

Wow, unexpected win. Kawhi is a monster.

This photo is gold for so many reasons

Well done, Canada!

Man, the Warriors were probably hoping for the Bucks. Now they gotta do customs every time they cross the border.

I like this joke. It’ll be the toughest challenge for them in the series!

Well, thanks to the East for providing some excitement in the playoffs. See you all next season.

Great series. Way to go Toronto for stepping up big and winning 4 in a row against the Bucks. Wow.

Now time for another yawn-fest of a Finals.

Sad as a Bucks fan, happy that the Eastern conference has been competitive.

So, the gamble to sign Kawhi has definitely paid off.

I was disappointed Budenholzer couldn’t gameplan Giannis better looks after Kawhi took over his assignment. He started to remind me of D’Antoni. A guy w a good system, but a mediocre game coach.

I can envision a Warrior’s sweep, but pulling hard for the Raptors. I kinda think Kawhi is outta there no matter what, but it’d be great to see the Dubs dethroned and for the Raps to get the city a ring before he leaves.

Why are you hating on the Warriors, Knicks lover?

-xtien

It’s like rooting against the Patriots. Since the dubs rise, they’ve been a dynasty and have only lost once, in one of the best series of all time, featuring one of the most iconic plays of all time.

Can Kawhi do that? Tune in to find out!

IMHO, no. Kawhi may score a ton and play fantastic defense, but they will need career series out of the role players, as well as Lowry and Siakam, neither of whom has shown they can do it with any consistency. On the plus side, they and the role players do play best at home, and the Raptors have home court. Minus side - dubs are one of the all time greatest teams at winning on the road.

Key injury factor - Igoudala.

And by god was it glorious.

Oh no. No no no no no. Don’t you dare compare them to the Patriots.

I have family who are huge Patriots fans and I’d have to hold my tongue all the time. I myself am a Duke fan, and just have to take the beatings. Including from my very good friend @marquac…who loves UNC, as it turns out! WTF!

-xtien

Not sure why being a Duke fan matters to Patriots Love/Hate, but ok.

It’s analogous in that I’m rooting for a front-runner. They were the first team I loved way back in '91 when my friend–actor Craig Cackowski of all people–asked what my favorite college team was. I said, “I dunno.”

He said, “By the end of this season, you will.”

I chose Duke because their coach had a Polish name, and I fell in love with their style of play. And it turned out they were really good!

My friend Karen, who loved Maryland, never forgave me. Because, front-runners.

I’ve found people almost uniformly hate Duke the way others cannot stand the Patriots. I recall talking about this on these very boards several years ago and somebody saying something along the lines of, “You’re a Duke fan? But you seem nice.”

-xtien

Was that when Draymond Green was suspended?

-xtien

You’re not one of those crazy people who simply appreciate the joy with which the Warriors play? Shudder.

I don’t really care about their joy, though I do think their playstyle is certainly among the more telegenic out there.

I admit I have come to really extract enjoyment from the now-yearly ritual of this juggernaut rolling over four more hapless opponents and witnessing the disappointment of four hopeful fanbases with dreams of glory turning to ashes in their hands. It’ll be a shame when that part’s over.