NBA 2022-2023

Part of that impression is because of the arcane NBA rules of trading future draft picks. Part of the trade is frequently not a pick until five years (or more) down the road, which then gets traded for something else, etc.

OKC are not allowed nice things it appears.

Talking heads will now know doubt question Chet’s frame for those of you wanting to guess the news cycle.

I think a few things really scared teams re KD.

1. The Nets wanted a ton of talent in return
  2. KD had just signed an extension and was suddenly “trade me.” So now, you’re wondering if you send all your talent to NJ for KD, and after a season he’s like “trade me” even though you have years still left on his deal.
  3. KD isn’t exactly a spring chicken.

Hey now, talking heads have been questioning Chet’s frame for years now!

But maybe this way, OKC can join the race to tank for Wemby, too! Lanky Lad Powers, activate!

I’m still expecting KD to get traded for Ayton as soon as his no-trade period is up in January. Ayton isn’t a good fit for the Suns, and the Suns are in win NOW mode, while Brooklyn appears as if it needs to start over. It just makes too much sense to me.

.Chet out for the year with a lisfranc injury to his foot.

That’s pretty much one of the most feared injuries in sports, currently – right up there with “high ankle sprains” for NFL players, rotator cuffs (or lisfrancs, honestly) for MLB players, and the “upper body injury” for NHL skaters.

There are a lot of players who’ve made a full recovery from it. There are also a some high profile exceptions who have not.

“And all it took was one half-speed charge from LeBron.”
-Every commentator, redditor, and twitter journo in the world

Also, sounds like Lakers are trading THT and Stanley Johnson to the Jazz for PatBev. PatBev+Russ back court might be the most hilarious possible option.

OKC really copying that 76ers approach now. Hope he recovers.

And yeah the Internet chatter will be the worst part. I’m tempted to go in my bunker but I kind of want to see the train wreck on reddit.

What about TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) for baseball pitchers? The Nationals seem to be collecting guys who get injured and have that surgery. Dunno if it’s common, but we seem to be specializing in it!

Usually (not always, but usually) TOS surgery is a last-ditch, final hail-mary, procedures for pitchers who’ve already had a bunch of other arm injuries and/or surgeries. So yeah, pitchers have it may not ever be what they used to be…but that was probably already a foregone conclusion from previous injuries, too.

Interesting, because the Nationals’ Cole Henry, whose still pitching in the minors, is having it done. That doesn’t bode well.

They shut him down last season for about 2 weeks for “load management”.

So he may have a rare issue that presents without prior surgical intervention with that upper rib…or there may be other things going on.

They will forever be cursed for breaking up their big three by not wanting to dip into the luxury tax.

The only other scarier lower-limb injury/surgery for NBA players is when they start talking about microfracture knee procedures.

Welp, another piece of the Jazz blow-up has landed.

Cavs looking to make a solid core around Mitchell with a lot of their guys tied up for multiple years.

On ESPN yesterday Bill Plaschke, who does columns for the LA paper, said he thought Mitchell would somehow end up with the Lakers.

Laker fans are delusional about the trade value of anyone on their roster except LeBron (currently. If AD ever gets healthy enough to play a full season, then maybe he and Westbrook will show they have value).

Thank god! Kept hearing the Wizards would throw a crapton of 1st round picks and maybe Kuz to get Mitchell for what would essentially be a lateral move.

I think he was going under the idea that the Lakers window ends when LeBron retires, so they would sell the future for a win in the next couple years.