NBA Playoffs 2016-2017

Why does everyone want to move to the West? I would think you would want to build a super team in the East and have an easier regular season.

Meanwhile, Danny Ainge keeps sitting on his mountain of draft picks and not making a move.

Which is stupid, because this isn’t the NFL. You only have a 13-player roster, and only 5 guys can play at any one time. You need superstars, not numbers.

Haha, OKC used the same players the Magic used to get a half year of 37 year old Serge Ibaka. And now they’re paying Joe Ingles 4/60. But the East is so bad now they might back into the playoffs anyway.

This is great news for my free time!

Handy twitter list to have open in the next while: https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/lists/nba-newsbreakers

It seems at least partially Indiana wanted to trade him to a western team. Which makes sense, fewer times a year to get torched by him. Won’t see each other in a first round series etc.

My only guess is that once again it comes down to Gordon Hayward. Ainge must think they have a very strong case to sign him, and thus does not want to give up athletes to do so. They can get two max (or close to max) players, but only if they sign one of them first. Because yeah, Boston could have blown away either trade. Hypothetically they could have both Butler and George right now.

Which also leads me to think Ainge knows they probably are not going to bear Lebron, and definitely not the Warriors. So, he wants to build for 5 or 6 years from now.

Spurs allegedly signing Mills for 4/50. What the fucking fuck?

Why surprised? The NBA salary cap has jumped a ton the last two years and teams have to spend it somewhere. That Aussie backup Delavdova made like 15 million to be a backup in Milwaukee last year.

Nothing gets anybody past the Warriors till FA busts them up.

Joe is a RFA so the Jazz have an opportunity to match, but I don’t know if they can.

I’m happy to see that guy get paid because he has earned it (and this will likely be his one shot to make that kind of money), but damn I would be sad to see him go. Easily one of my favorite players on the roster. The leap he has made over the last three years has been so fun to watch, and he’s one of those great personality / locker room guys. I do think that he’s a guy that thrives in Quin Snyder’s system, though, so I wouldn’t at all surprised If he drops off on another team. I’m not familiar enough with Orlando to know how well the fit would be.

Not in terms of talent of course, but seeing Slow Mo Joe leave would be as big of a bummer as Hayward for me.

Yeah false alarm, I guess that was just a rumor. Other teams are interested in him too.

The talent disparity has been absurd over the past few years, but now both Paul George and Butler go west? Good grief. At this point, who does the east have left besides Lebron? Giannis and John Wall? DeRozan? Maybe add Porzingis to that list.

I just don’t think he is worth it. Especially if it results in the Spurs not being able to sign Simmons who I think is a lot better. Murray is the best PG on the team and they already are paying Parker like 15 mil next year. Don’t see the need to pay a middling hybrid PG/SG 12.5 mil a year for the next 4 years.