Need help with PSP memory stick error UPDATED

I’m trying to download Gamma Pack 2 for Wipeout, and I am getting an error number 80110385 part way through the download. It says “unable to access memory stick”. I’m connecting via wifi and have tried with the power save off and on.

Suggestions?
Do memory sticks have bad “sectors” (or whatever the mem stick analogue is?
Should I try to format the card?

I’m not sure where that has anything to do with my issue.
I’ve tried formatting the stick and that hasn’t helped.

1. Is your memory stick completely blank when you try using it?

2. Is this the memory stick that came with the unit?

3. Have you tried a different memory stick?

K

No, it isn’t completely empty, but it isn’t remotely full.
This is a 256MB stick I bought a month ago.
I managed to successfully download the file onto the original 32MB stick.

Well, I’ve had no trouble using the card up to this point, but it’s the first time I’ve copied anything of this size to it before. I’m trying to get Gamestop to exchange it for me, but if they won’t, I’ll try the cleaning suggestion.

Ok…not sure what to make of this.
I have exchanged the memory stick (SanDisk 256Mb) for an identical stick. I am still getting the same error when I try to download Gamma Pack II, part way through the download.

To recap, I have successfully downloaded the file on the original memory stick that came with the machine. I have tried the download with the wifi power save in both the on and off positions.

Anybody have ideas on what the problem is here?

Do you have gamma pack 1 installed? SCEA suggests you download and reinstall the (new) version of pack 1 due to some potential bug between 1 and 2 if you don’t.

Yeah, I didn’t actually download the first one until the second came out, so that’s not the issue, but good thought.