Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

This is not uncommon. Many commercial facial recognition products are very bad at registering faces belonging to dark-skinned people.

But yes, this is symptomatic of tech companies not having a lot of diversity and not testing their products on more than one or two skin shades.

Took this photo about an hour ago in Fremont, Seattle.

Thing is, that’s a private statue on private land.

They don’t care. It’s led by a pro-Trump group trying to make the slippery slope argument about Confederate statues.

If they were sincere, they’d protest the actual Confederate monument in Jefferson Davis Park.

Might be the first time pro-Trump folks protested anything from Russia.

Thank you rowe33 for my new wallpaper.

Any locals feel up to reaching out to the MSU President?

“Oh shit, guys! They’ve cracked the triple-parentheses code! On to Plan B: earth emojis. They’ll never sniff that one out!”

When Trump loses the support of the Federalist, things are not good for him.

They’ve defended pretty much everything thus far.

They actually have a giant statue of Lenin in Seattle?

Because that’s fucked up.

If it’s on private land, whatever, but it’s still fucked up.

Exactly what I was thinking

It is - someone mentioned it in another thread. Apparently someone saved it from being destroyed in Russia because “history” and this isn’t the first time it’s been attacked. Of course, the city and state can’t do anything about it.

That belongs in the Goldeneye statue graveyard along with the other relics. I guess the girls in hot pants missed smashing that one.

https://twitter.com/jesticide/status/897941541221670912

I remember reading that Bannon was not worried about racial issues during the campaign, because they had tested the issues and found that everyone who cared was already a Hillary voter.

A similar mechanic may be in play now, at least to his mind. From a fascinating interview Bannon gave today:

The whole thing is worth reading:

Yeah, sorry, not buying that for a second. Bannon is just trying to spin the shitstorm he created as a invigorating shower that will help the GOP’s flowers grow. This only works if no one else has a nose.

A controversial, self-described free speech rally is set to go forward on Boston Common Saturday. The city issued a permit for the event on Wednesday afternoon.

According to a statement from Mayor Marty Walsh, the Boston Free Speech Coalition met with police Wednesday morning “to work on a safe pathway forward and agreed to specific stipulations” for the rally.

John Medlar, a spokesman for the coalition, said his group is not affiliated with the people behind last weekend’s deadly white supremacist rally in Virginia, though some people who appeared in Charlottesville had been scheduled to speak at the Boston rally.

DigBoston: Your Basic Primer for the Major Protests Against White Supremacists in Boston on Saturday

Juggalos vs. Trumpsters? It’s all too surreal. This should be on pay-per-view.

Never did I think I would be siding with Juggalos but here we are.