Netflix and Marvel teaming up for original programing

Ugh. I’m so tired of superheroes.

Then you should really be watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Vincent D’Onofrio cast as The Kingpin.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

What, Louie Anderson wasn’t available?

Louie’s dad could be a new boss called the Grumbler and also confuse his foes with his stories. I loved Life with Louie! Wish it was available in a format used today.

Ahhh, so Vincent D’Onofrio’s gradually ballooning stature wasn’t due to poor health habits or poor decisionmaking: he was just getting ready for this roll six years ago. Deep, man.

Deborah Ann Woll has signed to play Matt Murdock’s girlfriend Karen Page in the Daredevil show. She currently plays vampire Jessica in HBO’s True Blood.

Rosario Dawson also has a role, but Netflix has not said what character she’ll be playing.

…as well as a starring roll in numerous fantasies I currently have in which I’M her hero.

Yeah, speaking of the decline of hot readheads from the other thread. Yowsa. I’m in!

We’ve got people for Luke and Jessica. Krysten Ritter for Jessica Jones, and Michael Colter for Luke Cage. I’ve never followed either character in the comics, but after playing Luke Cage in Marvel Heroes, I’m up for some Sweet Christmas on the TV.

I’m just praying that they either have stellar writers or at least are running these past a Marvel rep who gives a shit. Could easily be amazing or crap

Honestly, the last seasons’ worth of AoS eps and the films thus far give me a lot of hope in that regard. Netflix originals also seem to be more hit than miss from what I read online, so that’s a good sign, too. I suppose we’ll all know soon enough. . .

Pretty interesting to see these Defender prologues, leading up to a potential Defenders series on its own. Yet again more stuff you never would have dreamed of a few years ago… friggin’ Luke Cage on TV, Doctor Strange in the theaters…

— Alan

Hey neat, Michael Colter is from my hometown.

Release date!

Season 1 of “Marvel’s Daredevil” will premiere with 13 one-hour episodes on April 10, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. PT in all territories where Netflix is available.

And we have a trailer. It looks pretty darn good, I think.

Definitely worth a look, I think. I like the look 'n feel.

— Alan

New Daredevil trailer!

— Alan

Looking good.

Man, I wish we’d had all this quality superhero stuff on tv when I was a kid :)

I’ve never read anything at screencrush.com so I don’t have a sense for how their reviews stack up with my taste, but they have the first review I’ve read of Daredevil (based on the first five episodes) and they love it: http://screencrush.com/netflix-daredevil-review/