Netflix movie finds

Is this avatar show still on netflix? I just put it in and found Avatar Air bender, but then it shows now episodes or seasons.

Yep Avatar Airbender has 3 seasons (& over here) at least its on Amazon AND Netflix. Not sure what the situation is in the states.

Netflix doesn’t have it in the United States. Here the first season is on Hoopla, which is where I saw that, but it’s pretty low resolution. Then, all 3 seasons are on Nick Hits, which you can subscribe to if you have Amazon Prime, and I’m sure through Apple TV and Hulu as well. And around Christmas Amazon was having a sale on all the channels, so I got Nick Hits for a month so that I could finish Avatar.

I recommend seeing all 3 seasons on Nick Hits, as it looks much nicer than the episodes on Hoopla.

Avatar is one of the best series ever made IMO. Not kids series, not animation series, series.
Also:

The lack of death at the very start made it hard to get invested initially, but after adjusting to the idea that the show is for kids, I really really got into and am glad I did.

It isn’t, but is supposedly coming back later this month.

That would be nice. I only have Netflix. I am not much of TV watcher so I do not want to subscribe to more than one when I only have minimal use of Netflix.

I tend to rotate my subscriptions. Have Netflix for a month or two til I’ve seen everything I’m interested in at the moment, then pause/cancel that and go to Hulu for a month or two, then pause/cancel that etc. The alternative is to pay for whole months of a service without ever using it, I find.

I don’t seem to have any problem getting plenty of use out of three separate paid streaming services and a DVD rental one, not to mention the free streamers. Helps not to have kids, of course. If you can rotate that’s obviously much cheaper.

You apparently watch a LOT more TV than we do. Whatever works for you. :)

Presumably, though I watch a lot less than the statistical averages I see. Including movies, probably an hour and a half a day during the week and maybe five hours each day a the weekend. It’s just that almost all of it is on streaming services. I don’t watch TV news, and barely any terrestrial TV in general.

The Half of It is a modern Cyrano remake set in small town America. It is by director /screenwriter Alice Wu who previously made Saving Face.

It’s entertaining and it’s not corny like you would expect a movie with teenagers be.

Seconded. The Half of It is very good.

Someone else watched this!! Can I ask a question?

I don’t understand why Flores goes visit Chu and takes her to the secret place. So she kinda liked her?

Flores was actually going to see the guy, and Chu was just getting up from her binger at his place. I kind of thought Flores might have been starting to see through the ruse, but then they didn’t really follow up on that.

I finished binge-watching Overlord, a Japanese anime series based on the graphic novels. As far as crazy RPG power trips go, this was entertaining.

Wait, isn’t Overlord about zombie Nazi soldiers (uh… spoiler alert?)

That sounds like a series and not a movie, and you know there is a Netlfix TV thread…

That’s the Overlord I saw, anyway.

I know, my bad! It’s just that I saw Dragon Prince and Avatar Air Bender and Castlevania upfront, so I thought anime got a pass!