Netflix movie finds

I thought the metric was for people who watched at least 20 minutes. Am I misremembering? It’s really one two minutes?

-Tom

They changed it last year.

That’s redonkulous. Two minutes? C’mon, Netflix, I’ve pushed myself to the half hour mark of so many bad movies, and all for naught!

-Tom

In their defense the two minute metric is only for communicating to the public. They definitely are interested in how much time you spend watching something, internally. As they measure longer viewings, though, they start having problems with noise in the data due to all the reasons a video might have been left playing, if you know what I mean.

You mean the moment the chill takes over in Netflix and Chill?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Oxygen: Alexandre Aja buries Shoshanna alive! How rude!

Just finally watched The Night Comes for Us, hooo boy are those some bloody brutal fight scenes. Title really sounds like it should be some Vampire film though and not this kung fu/crime movie. Hope the Night of the Operator sequel actually gets made someday.

I like the core concept of Bird Box but the execution is wanting and the ending is vapid.

We randomly picked The Clovehitch Killer to watch last night. It was surprisingly not all terrible. In fact, there’s more to like than dislike in the film, although like most thrillers it will ultimately let you down. The movie is not exactly unpredictable, and of course some characters are boneheaded, but the performances are nice, and a few scenes surprised us. Ultimately worthwhile.

I wish that I could recommend Awake, but alas I can not. Bleak.

I thought it was okay. Bleak, yes. Forgettable, probably. But not great and not terrible.

Awake was the 3.6 roentgens of movies.

Just saw Awake last night. It was okay. Gina Rodriguez was good but I couldn’t really care about her. I felt the movie went into the main plot too quick.

I know I’ll probably be disappointed.

I guess this goes here. We didn’t have a topic for just this movie, nor do we really have one for John Boyega.

In early June, John Boyega exited the Netflix production of Rebel Ridge “for family reasons,” according to a statement released by the streamer at the time. But other sources say that in fact, Boyega simply walked away from the production with filming underway — which, according to one person with knowledge of the situation, the filmmakers only discovered when they looked for him at his hotel and found that he had checked out.

Dozens of crewmembers on the project were let go after Boyega’s departure as the production disbanded. The shutdown may be temporary, however. Sources say the new plan is to resume shooting with a new lead early next year.

Top Netflix executives, including head of global films Scott Stuber and co-CEO Ted Sarandos, tried to persuade the star to return to the set without success.

How to burn a career to the ground.

Unless there is evidence of significant production issues, I’m talking Wheedon esque abuse ones, he is going to have a hard time getting a lead role again.

Aww, this was the next Jeremy Saulnier movie. He’s the guy who did Blue Ruin and Green Room (plus one other thing that’s easy to forget). I hate to see a new Jeremy Saulnier movie shut down by a petulant celebrity. :(

-Tom

Don’t forget Murder Party, which is the first thing I saw from him.

Saulnier should’ve named it Red Ridge. Hope production recovers somehow.