Netflix’s Ghost in the Shell 2045

I started watching the Ghost in the Shell and it looks like the whole thing was rendered on a phone about a decade ago.

The music was not composed by Yoko Kanno. This is the only thing you need to know.

New guy sucks. Indifferent to the new girl.

Not enough Paz and Boma.

Never enough Paz or Boma.

100% this. I love GitS but this was sad.

Both are very good, Land of the Lustrous in special. Although both are unfinished stories that are adapting a manga.

GITS 2045 is horrible. Visually, as we can see here, but the story and new characters are a disappointment too.

Off topic, but remote Tank! By The Seatbelts in the first of a new series:

I watched 3 episodes last night. I think the visuals are great. You all are nuts.

The show seems like it was a movie they cut into episodes at the last minute. But I’m still digging it. There hasn’t been a lot of net stuff or ghost hacking and whatnot, it’s mostly been shooty action so far. But I don’t hate it. Not sure if I like it yet.

You know what I take it back, the cyberbrain stuff is all there, they just treat it very differently. It’s casual, not spooky and mysterious and thought provoking. They handle it on the show like the characters would living in that world. It’s normal and nothing to get worked up about. Hell that street vendor’s cyber brain was constantly being pushed popup adds, and honestly that’s exactly what would happen if we had these for real. Endless popup spam for essential oils, this one cool trick, and shitty games.

The major is waaay too scrawny, the combat scenes had no weight

Just started this. Yeah, as much as I wanted to give this a fair shot, I’m not really into the CG. I’m going to stick with it for a bit, because I’ve watched every GiTS thing, so why stop now.

Yeah, the waifish look they’ve adopted for the Major since Arise doesn’t make much sense. It’s not like she was huge before, but she appeared appropriately solid.

Was quite surprised to see the show starts off in Palm Springs of all places.

I just finished this. I have to admit I kind of lost the plot part of the way through, but it was…fine. I did actually really like the ending, even though it was a pretty huge cliffhanger. I liked the way Togusa disappeared.

I’d say this was slightly better than Arise, but that’s about all the credit I can give it.