Netflix Shadowrun w/out the Cyberpunk w/ Will Smith

Amen.

Elf:
+4 Dexterity
Elven weapon proficiency
magical affinity

This was interesting. I’ll avoid spoilers as much as I can, but I’ll certainly provide some advice; pay attention to the surroundings, even when it seems like just a random nothing thrown in to look gritty.

Racism, distrust of police, the 99% …

“If you act like my enemy, you become my enemy”

Strong messages throughout the movie. Heavy-handed as can be at times, but never without a flourish and some excitement.

Orc:
+6 Constitution
detect scent

An interesting aside in this was how it painted oppression. So much of this was done a million times over in previous films, but the fantasy trappings hopefully stop eyes from glazing over quite so quickly.

“What the f#$% do you want to die for a world that doesn’t give a #@$% about you?”

And history. History matters. Culture matters. Wrongs of the past matters. But so does the individual, the one who simply says “No” and stands up for their beliefs. We know this; the film teaches nothing we haven’t heard before, but it has so much fun delivering the message.

“I dunno. I still think it’s kinda cool”

And I’ll be damned, but this was a heck of a fun ride. I agree with demagogue, that it would be a great series. SO much potential went untapped, but only in the way that I hope for a sequel.

Human:
luck
bonus feat

So if you’re on the fence, give it a try and ignore those negative reviews. Like it or not on its own merits.