Netflix Shadowrun w/out the Cyberpunk w/ Will Smith

wtf is happening Netflix. can you make Earthdawn?!?

Kinda also reminds me of Alien Nation… but this has elves and orcs… not aliens. AND MAGIC!

Already a properly named, pretty long thread in the correct category (Movies) for this.

Yeah i just found the thread. I need my glasses checked!

I would have missed it if not for this thread though. I’ll watch this. Nice to see a new movie instead of just a remake of an old one.

So, anyone else going to see this on the 22nd? Looks intriguing.

Yes, please. My favorite FASA-setting.

Ouch

There’s boring, there’s bad, and then there’s “Bright,” a movie so profoundly awful that Republicans will probably try to pass it into law over Christmas break. From the director of “Suicide Squad” and the writer of “Victor Frankenstein” comes a fresh slice of hell that somehow represents new lows for them both — a dull and painfully derivative ordeal that often feels like it was made just to put those earlier misfires into perspective. The only thing more predictable than this high-concept police story is the idea that a year as punishing as 2017 would save the worst for last. At least “The Emoji Movie” owned up to the fact that it was just putting shit on screen; at least “The Emoji Movie” had the courtesy to dress it up in a bowtie.

Alright, I’ll take one for the team.

Keep in mind, I like some bad films and don’t like some good films. But I’ll give my impression once I’m done.

It wasn’t perfect, but I’d recommend it with high marks. Various things were caricaturistic, and Will Smith was on autopilot having done the same role many times, but the rest of it was pretty damned good if you don’t choose to get stuck on the little things.

Problem with modern journalism is that the only way to stand out with a movie review is to be a bitch about it, and try and call attention to yourself. Fake news 101, it’s part of the business these days.

It should be a tv series with westworld level production and a lot of polish.

Amen.

Elf:
+4 Dexterity
Elven weapon proficiency
magical affinity

This was interesting. I’ll avoid spoilers as much as I can, but I’ll certainly provide some advice; pay attention to the surroundings, even when it seems like just a random nothing thrown in to look gritty.

Racism, distrust of police, the 99% …

“If you act like my enemy, you become my enemy”

Strong messages throughout the movie. Heavy-handed as can be at times, but never without a flourish and some excitement.

Orc:
+6 Constitution
detect scent

An interesting aside in this was how it painted oppression. So much of this was done a million times over in previous films, but the fantasy trappings hopefully stop eyes from glazing over quite so quickly.

“What the f#$% do you want to die for a world that doesn’t give a #@$% about you?”

And history. History matters. Culture matters. Wrongs of the past matters. But so does the individual, the one who simply says “No” and stands up for their beliefs. We know this; the film teaches nothing we haven’t heard before, but it has so much fun delivering the message.

“I dunno. I still think it’s kinda cool”

And I’ll be damned, but this was a heck of a fun ride. I agree with demagogue, that it would be a great series. SO much potential went untapped, but only in the way that I hope for a sequel.

Human:
luck
bonus feat

So if you’re on the fence, give it a try and ignore those negative reviews. Like it or not on its own merits.

As I said in the other thread, I liked this movie.

It’s worth watching. If you have Netflix, give it a shot. It’s better than reviews suggest.

What an idiotic review with of course idiotic far left politics tossed in by the moron who wrote it.

It’s a mediocre movie with at least a novel premise. The worst movie of the year? Please.

They really could go the Alien Nation route and make a series from this. It would hold up, if they got guys who played the cop and orc cop well.

I thought this was worth seeing for the world building. A small word of caution, I saw this with my wife and 14 year old son. There was a scene in a strip club that was a little awkward.

I hope they do either build a series around this or make more movies in this setting.

The other thread is actually in the Movies forum, maybe we could consolidate?

IT’S THUNDERDOME TIME MOTHA FUCKASSSS … which topic will win? I’ll cut a bitch if I have to.

I meant consolidate as in post in one thread, not enabling @wumpus’ Holiday Windmill Tilting Championship.

That is not how any of this works! It must be decided through personal mano-a-mano fight between the topic owners!

<chant>TWO TOPICS ENTER, ONE TOPIC LEAVES…</chant>

My thread is older (my months), has the title of the film in the thread name, and is in the correct section. That’s my argument. :)

Why are you guys talking about the movie in this thread? This thread is clearly for the TV series that the movie will eventually spawn. That’s why it doesn’t have a name. We don’t know what the name of the series will be.

This thread takes place in a parallel universe where this product does not have a name.