Netflix watch instantly on 360 recommendations

Netflix emailed me yesterday to tell me they have Season 18 of Top Gear now. So excited! It’s going to make for an agonizing week though: BioShock Infinite or Top Gear? I’ll be debating that everyday after Tuesday for the week.

Now on streaming:

Season 1 of Samurai Jack
Season 1 Venture Bros
All of a Batman Beyond
All of Justice League + All of JLU

It’s a bonanza!

Wow, nice.

Ooh, Samurai Jack. YES PLEASE.

Seems like they added a bunch of Cartoon Network stuff. Dexter’s Lab and Chowder, too!!!

Yep. Good stuff. I’m watching Batman Beyond now. Is this the only cyberpunk TV show ever made? They built a pretty cool futuristic world in this series.

Did you mean cartoon? Because there was Max Headroom, I’m sure there were others as well.

I was thinking Max Headroom and maybe Dark Angel too. Though both of those are kind of dystopian future themed, if I recall right.

Max Headroom was absolutely cyberpunk, and well cyberpunk is sort of dystopian anyways.

They put up the last season of Eureka.

Nearly all the Bond movies are back on Instant Watch. But like last time and the time before, it seems to be a short term agreement as they’re set to expire on May 1st. Maybe this time I should start with Dr. No and stop postponing a Bond marathon.

I was watching Thunderball last night (never knew it was the same story as Never Say Never Again, one of my favorite Bond films), and the audio volume was all over the place. At the start of the movie I had my TV up to 75 (normally 35-40). During action I had to turn it down to normal levels, then up again for the dialog. Was very strange. First time I ever had that happen with a Netflix Instant movie. Is that a transfer issue, or is it something with my setup (Wii direct to TV)?

Been watching some of the ESPN 30 for 30 documentories. I’d recommend the one on Bo Jackson and Jimmy the Greek. Both unique people in their own way. Got a blast from the past laugh when they showed the “Bo knows” commercial.

For lack of a better place to share this, I noticed today that while every other item in my Netflix queue has a star rating, Arrested Development has a banana rating.

I watched the first episode and a half of Hemlock Grove, the new streaming series on Netflix. I was pretty jazzed about it after House of Cards, so may be too harsh. It struck me as a shallow Twighlight-ish knockoff with cardboard characters of dubious capability. Not on the recommended list.

joe that sounds about spot on. i have a co-worker who loves it and called it a throwback to gothic horror, but he couldn’t answer my question about whether the writing and acting had to be horrible in order to do that

my impression after stopping in the middle of episode 2 is that it’s a boring soap opera riffing a little hard on the twin peaks story, and with a cast that made me like american horror story

i do feel obligated to see the season through, though. i’ll just rate it accordingly

Famke Janssen looks like my ex-wife. I’ll take that with the above reviews as enough to skip.

I watched the whole dang thing. It had a kind of Spartacus-like rebirth about 4 episodes in. Famke Janssen’s dialect work stablized and she actually did some impressive work for a while there. But, oh my everylovin’ god the final 4 or so episodes just tanked in terms of believability, continuity, anything you care to name. You know that feeling when a major character dies a horrible death and you hardly notice 'cause you realize you just never gave a damn about them anyway? Yeah.

My kid loved Batman Beyond when he was younger. He even dressed as him for Halloween one year. Sadly he gave up superheroes for sports now. I doubt if he even remembers.

Does Phantom 2040 count?