New Blizzard game - what is it?

“WarCraft Adventures.”

IT LIVES!!!

“Nobody ever looks at the byline.”

I usually only do it when I read somthing I think is dumb, so I know who not to pay attention to anymore. Take it as a compliment. :wink:

Lost Vikings III? :D

• Alan

Blackthorne 2 in scintillating, side-scrolling 2D!

–Dave

I’m well aware of that. You want me to recount the number of times developers have flat-out told the press that they’re not working on something, only to unveil it a few months later? :)

Blizzard Battle Chest Complete 2002: Every Goddamn game and expansion we have ever made!!!

Included bonus, yet another special sneak preview of Worlds of Warcraft!!!(releasing Spring 2008.)

ONLY $199.99!!!

Sorry, I had a bunch of extra exclamation points lying around and needed to find a good use for them.

You want me to recount the number of times developers have flat-out told the press that they’re not working on something, only to unveil it a few months later?

I guess the interview should have gone something like this:

Bub: So, Bill Roper, are you guys doing another Starcraft?

Roper: Rats. We weren’t going to announce that until the Tokyo Game Show, but you got me. Yes, we’re doing Starcraft II.

-Tom

Blizzard is counting down on their site:

And the clock is spelling out a code.

But if you need a big fat hint, click here.

Some people seem to think that blurry image is getting sharper; I haven’t been watching long enough to tell.

Dunc

Starcraft 2? I doubt it. Bub even said so! Its just a smokescreen to the real new Blizzard game! It won’t be crpg or strategy… so probably action… i guess.

(edit) an action game for Xbox. Bastards…

or maybe not. blasted. we’ll find out tommorrow.

etc

"Some people seem to think that blurry image is getting sharper; I haven’t been watching long enough to tell. "

Geez there are people sitting there staring at the site. Man talk about having too much time on your hands.

If you stare at any blurry image long enough, eventually it will form a clear image to you.

Geez there are people sitting there staring at the site.

It’s some kind of Rorschach test. I think it looks like my mother, smoking a cigar…but that probably doesn’t mean anything.

I think Bub’s right: it’s not starcraft 2. Based on that quote (“somebody call for an exterminator”), I’m predicting a first person shooter in the starcraft universe. Main character is a ghost. I don’t think blizzard would start a new team to pump out RTS’s. The existing team is certainly working on a wc3 expansion.

Actually, a War3 expansion is a good guess. I’m sure they’re going to do one.

They wouldn’t announce a Warcraft III expansion at TGS though. This is something bigger than that. It almost has to be Starcraft related given the game’s enormous popularity in the Asia-Pacific region.

–Dave

So, i’m on the page right now, talk about hosed. It’s been loading the frontpage.shtml for about 2 minutes, ugh. Well, if i was a 15 year old Korean kid i’d be pretty excited. But i’m not… so i’m not… or something

Starcraft: Ghost.

3D tactical console shooter.

Interesting note in the FAQ:

“Blizzard and Nihilistic are co-developing StarCraft: Ghost.”

It’s apparently multiplatform, but there is no PC version planned.

Yeah that’s a good way to trick everyone… let’s think of what everyone really wants to see, put it on a platform – something we’ve never done before, and let’s exclude the PC folks for the hell of it – and make it shooter, something else we haven’t done too much of either.

What’s next? Diablo Sims? Warcraft the Movie? Starcraft Football?

— Alan

You know, I don’t mind them making a game to make money. But they are stupid to not realize that with a first person PC action game they could have likely made a better game AND made money imo. Its even possible it would make MORE money as a pc action game.

Score one for the console kiddies! Bah, itll probably be some stupid Halo wannabe, and not be as good since its third person. My guess Tomb Raider Starcraft stupidity!

Stupid Stupidity!

BTW, Divine Divinity rocks!!! Like a more intelligent Diablo game but better!

HAHA, I talked about another game in a thread about something else!!!1

etc

Starcraft Football?

Hey, now I think there’s a market for that!! Sports games are essentially just RTSs anyway, right?

Starcraft Football…Now that would sell!!

Alan, you’re a frickin’ genius!

Mmmmmm…Bloodbowl…but with Zerg.