New Blizzard Online Store

I really like the idea of the store in that you can download old games, even if you lost your CD. The only problem I have is that Blizzard puts so much effort into their boxed copies (pretty manual, extra art, etc.) that I don’t think I would ever want to buy a game from them that is only in a digital format.

While hating retailers to unbridgeable abysmal depths, I would simply never be complete with digital distribution because the box mean(t) so much to me.
I was always looked upon a bit cockeyed for why I keep all those game boxes, being so useless as they are, instead of just throwing them away.
They’d never understand that these are my trophies and memories.

Or you can do what I do: Buy the boxed set, lose the CD key so you have to buy the digital and voila! Digital and box! You’re out a ton of money, but who cares??? :)

I feel compelled to pop in and say that I don’t give a good goddamn about boxes as long as I can get the game up and running when I want to.

So does this only work in IE? I wonder what Mac users are supposed to do, seeing as they have Mac software on the site.

I finally got it to send me the mail through Opera. So it’s not IE only. Thank god.

I finally got it to send me the mail around midnight last night, but now that I’ve put in all my keys it won’t let me download, something about not being able to authenticate my account. Fail for Blizz on this one, though hopefully it’ll even out in the next week or so, since I’m sure their store is getting pounded.

I had no problems registering Starcraft and downloading the Mac client using Safari on my MacBook.

Same here. Safari worked fine.

I hope the Diablo II download comes up soon, I’m aching to play. I have a bad feeling that it might take them a while…