New Blizzard Online Store

One other thing that I loved (and I didn’t remember) - Blizzard put the CD keys on a clearly visible label on the front cover of the CD case. Not randomly somewhere inside, not in the manual (which you may not be able to find), especially not on a random slip of paper in the box. (and not accidentally absent entirely, as one or two games have shipped in my experience). I don’t like CD-keys that much, but if you’re going to do 'em, that’s how.

I just registered my games and I noticed that when you click ‘View Game Key’ the key that comes up doesn’t match the one I entered. Just curious for anyone that’s downloaded the games, do you enter this key now ? Also, my Diablo II key was muted way back when, anyone know if that will carry over to the new key ?

You’ll probably have to use the new one if you use the downloaded packages. It looks like they convert the older, shorter keys in D2 and Starcraft to the current 26-character scheme, and that’s what the new packages would expect to see.

Edit: Oh and the verification email request finally worked for me once I tried it in IE. WTF? Might have been coincidental with some server-side fix though.

Tried registering my copy of Warcraft II Battle.net edition (Best Seller series, comes with both WC2 and the expansion) and it refused my key as invalid.

Warcraft II Battle.net edition is not one of the games listed that is supported.

On the Games tab, inside your account, you’re able to add your CD-Keys from StarCraft, StarCraft Battlechest, StarCraft Anthology (digital copies of SC and BW that are now available for purchase), Warcraft III, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Warcraft Battlechest, Diablo II, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Diablo II Battlechest (Diablo II downloads will soon be available) and/or World of WarCraft

Yeah, I saw Warcraft Battlechest so I figured that Warcraft II CD-keys would be accepted.

Ah, yeah. Thats what I thought as well. I guess they meant the Warcraft III battlechest.

Has anyone tried downloading the Starcraft collection yet? How does it work compared to the original release? I know with the original, you needed both CDs to access either the original content or the expansion.

Both CD Keys? I thought Brood War didn’t have a CD-Key.

Both CDs, not keys. BW didn’t have a key. I don’t remember if you needed both discs, but I think you might have.

My mistake. And yeah, I think you needed to swap disks depending on what you wanted to play.

Cool thing regarding this - your keys are stored on the site, so you can just look at your account and find out what your keys are if you ever forget them or lose the original box.

I haven’t yet tried the download version, but the latest patch for Starcraft and Starcraft BW allow you to copy the large files from your disc onto your hard drive (and rename them to starcraft.mpq and broodwars.mpq) so you can play them without the need for a disc in the drive.

I can’t get Starcraft to work without using a windowed mode mod, though. The game won’t run in 256 colors and 640x480 on my laptop. I don’t know if the downloaded version fixes these issues.

Can anyone check?

Whats the link?

http://www.blizzard.com/store/

Both CDs launch both games, but you get the intro of the game whose CD is in the drive.

Somebody was saying in this very thread that you only needed the original Starcraft code to access Starcraft and Brood Wars.

The download version of SC works brilliantly - and kudos to Blizzard for allowing anyone with a SC key to have automatic access to the expansion as well, there’s no hoops to jump through to confirm you’ve actually purchased Broodwars.

Weird experience with the store. First, I never got the activiation email (I even looked in my Spam folder, not there). Then I was able to buy WarCraft 3 anyway, but when I went to purchase it, they didn’t charge tax! Which was awesome, but not what I would expected since they are about 40 miles from me. I’m off to buy Starcraft as soon as W3 downloads, before they put the fix in:)

Future Blizzard to topple MGS/EA?