New car - or 'Tell me what cars you have bought lately (that are interesting)'

I don’t think that’s right. The cheapest A4 Avant sells in Denmark for 421,000 DKK, or about $79,000USD.

Ok, that’s embarrassing… unless you read Danish and just kept that hidden. Anyway, still too rich for my blood.

I just clicked prices and got this and didn’t think it necessary to click any further. I blame the webdesigner.

So “only” twice what you paid (which is actually cheaper than I thought). Ship it, but write “gift - clothing. No value” on the box or they will hit me with 37K in taxes and a 37K fine as well.

I love my Volvo XC90 and my brother-in-law loves his V40. Have you though about the V50? It’s around $40,000 to you if I’m converting your crazy moon money correctly.

58.800 US$ for the cheapest :-( according to volvo.dk and xe.com.

I have been considering moving to Sweden just for this reason (my commute would be the same), but as a clever friend said - would you relocate your kids and force them to learn a new language, just so you could afford a nice car? - you have to have better reasons than that (lower housing prices and a saner government helps, but I still need something more compelling).

I purchased a VW Jetta SportWagen TDI in July and love it.

Longest trip was in Nov, went from Austin to Ft. Davis for Thanksgiving. Got around 44mpg on the highway and am getting right around 35mpg in town.

So they can grow up and marry hot, blond Swedes and speak grammatically perfect, unaccented English?

I bought this on the weekend:

If it doesn’t hotlink, 2010 Volkswagen GTI.

The GTI comes with 5-doors these days?

Neat cars, folks. As for my car, you can look at my Lemon Car thread to read about my adventures with a 2008 Nissan Sentra.

Why are you people buying such ugly, ugly cars? That whole GTI/Fit/Prius/Mazda5 hatchback thing is so horrendous looking.

I have a 2001 Xterra(shut the hell up) that is seemingly indestructable. I just got it back from the body shop because some dude stopped short in front of me. It looks and drives as good as the day I got it. For a 4X4, it gets excellent mileage, and my kids love it because the rear seats are up high so they can clearly see out the front. It may not be a luxury vehicle, but it’s nice IMO, I’d buy one again if mine dies.

Has for a while. I’ve compared, and the 5-door actually looks better because the C-Pillar is thinner, and the rear window on the 5-door causes the line of the window to be more consistent with the shape of the vehicle.

You should be driving, not posting:) The first few days after I had my Opel Calibra Turbo (comparable kind of car), I spent hours on end just driving around and ejoying the car, spending god-knows-what on gasoline.

I miss my days of whistling and puffing turbo madness :(

Best Sports Car Under $50000 2009.

I don’t actually get it until May or so. There’s a shortage right now, so mine is special order from Germany.

Oh, wow. That’s a long wait for a Golf. Did the sixth-gen GTI just come out, or has it already been on the market for some time?

Sports car? Hahahahah. It’s a 5 door hatchback, man. That’s not a sports car. That’s a compact station wagon. No offense meant, but come on, that is not a sports car.

Shouldn’t you be learning Korean?

Is the WRX a sports car? Cause the GTI smokes it. (Also, that’s just an award it got. I don’t care what you want to call it, I call it the least expensive speedymobile on the market that doesn’t suck).

Anyway, it’s not a RWD hoonmobile, but it’s fast and has fantastic handling.