New York Times (again)

Anybody as incapable of actually comprehending posts as you should be wary of opining on someone else’s diminished mental acuity.

Anyone as inept at comprehending reality as you are really has no room to argue. Amazingly, it’s my comprehension of your posts that has led me to such a judgment of your mental capacity.

“Incapable” is an abolute, and as such, it cannot be used in the comparative. One is either incapable of a task or one is not, one cannot be “as incapable” as another.

I can only assume you deviated from your prepared remarks, which read as follows:

Perhaps “us” was the most important word, but when the writer quoted the entire joke, as it was written in his prepared remarks, and said (or strongly implied) that “us” was the only change from the prepared remarks, without, in fact quoting the entire joke again, as actually said by Kerry, then that writer, at the very least, removed the ability for the reader to render his/her own judgements, and in this particular reader’s view, grossly misled their readership.

Your remarks after being putting through a NYT-style partisan filter. All I changed was I added the word “me”, just as the NYT only added “us”.

“Incapable” is an abolute, and as such, it cannot be used in the comparative. One is either incapable of a task or one is not, one cannot be “as incapable” as another.

That’s the most unique post I’ve read in a while!

Haha, nice one Gordon. Desslock, fuck off. Seriously.

Now the anger you’re feeling is exactly what many people feel when they read the NYT and see how it distorts what’s actually been said, and done. You’re finally getting it! It’s just too bad we had to enlighten you through the use of metaphor, since it was apparently a mistake to rely upon reason and presume you were capable of at least rudimentary cognition.

Wait, I’m angry? You think you have that much power over my emotions? You’re just some text on a screen, bud, as far as I’m concerned. I can tell you to fuck off without batting an eyelash.

It’s just too bad we had to enlighten you through the use of metaphor

We? Are you Desslock of borg?

capable of at least rudimentary cognition

I usually just shorten that down to “tard.” But seriously, seek help.

I can’t go read the post - perhaps you can summarize? I don’t view weblogs of eliminationist racists.

Transcripts of Bush’s speeches up at the Whitehouse site often print the prepared statement v. what Bush actually said. Thoughts?

but that doesn’t excuse media outlets for getting the facts wrong

Fox News?

How is this article ignoring what Kerry said? That’s the point of the article, for Chrissakes.

The lgf guy just wanted to show off his use of the “track edits” button in Word. It’s the only reasonable explanation.

Sorry Desslock, he made you look like a bit of an ass in the process.

I fail to see how Desslock’s statement that the NYT is affected by liberal bias is at all controversial, given that they admit it and wear the badge proudly.

Regardless on what one’s stance is on how much of a mountain this molehill has been turned into, the NYT reporting is horribly off. In particular the NYT reported continually emphasizes that only “a single word” was changed, when it fact the entire sentence structure was different, leading to the possibility for misinterpretation.

From the NYT piece:“But with a single word — or a single word left out of what was supposed to be a laugh line directed at the president — Mr. Kerry has become a punching bag again, for Republicans and for his own party.” and "In his delivery, he dropped the word ‘us.’ " both of which are factually false.

Maybe they meant a single word “in the second sentence”. See, they just forgot 3 words when reading from their prepared statement.

I think this thread has just about run its course.