Nex Machina - Housemarque's latest arcade shooter (PC & PS4)

Drank a lot of beer and decided to play Rookie.

I don’t even know how the multiplier system works but it was 60x+.

The 1CC achievement (no continues on Experienced) is kind of annoying in this game. Getting to the final boss is pretty straightforward, but his attacks are really tricky. I had forgotten them all.

Fortunately you can practice a single world so that’s what I’ll do until I’ve mastered his attacks.

For the first time in my life, I’m jealous that I don’t drink. It never occurred to me it could make me better at games.

Hmmm wonder how much this is like Geometry Wars. Will have to watch for a sale to pick this up, as I’m sure I missed one for Christmas.

I’ve had intermittent server connection issues all day eating my online arena scores. I think that’s a sign to stop hunting achievements.

It’s a good time to quit anyway. I put 7 hours into the game this weekend. I’ve pretty much reached my reasonable skill limit. I made it to world 4 on Veteran difficulty and to the true last boss on Experienced difficulty, which put a smile on my face and made me like the game even more. Like we discussed months ago, once you die it’s sometimes difficult to recover, especially on Veteran and above.

Adding you scoreboard folks so I have a target! Did a quick run through and seems like I sure missed a lot of secrets.

I played a bunch tonight. Experienced…

Veteran…

Anyone that’s got higher, feel free to add me. I didn’t go back to Rookie at all tonight.

I’ll see what I can do - played it a little last night to get a feel for it!

For Experienced I’m 132M and Veteran I’m 17.8M. Those scores will stand for a long time if I never go back!

I made it to 57M at Experienced but I’m done for tonight - this damn game is murder on my fingers :D Long way to go to catch you, Tim!

Game drew me back in after putting the girls to bed… Got tantalizing close to your Veteran, Tim!

Veteran is tough! I was playing for survival, and even that didn’t help since I got stuck in a death loop in world 4.

If you want to see crazy, check out this Hero run.

You have to 1CC Master to get there. Hero is the second loop. Impossible for mere mortals.

Came back tonight and got a couple good runs in. I’m more of a fan of random spawns though, like Geometry Wars, as opposed to memorizing where all the secret crap is. I seem to lose my weapon then I’m just toast against the Helltron boss on Veteran. Those Hero runs are just insane - can’t imagine how many hours it takes to get to that level!

Yeah I never did memorize all the secrets. Just played as I went.

This is gonna make for some bittersweet viewing, I guess.

Yeah, definitely will, but I want to see that. I love what Housemarque has done through the years. They have always seemed like a brilliant bunch of individuals that make some stellar games.

Yeah, but that’s the rookie leaderboards.

-Tom

I also want to get back to this game. I loved Resogun and from what I have played this seemed equally good. Nudging this up my backlog.

Indeed it must be returned to, I have @Chappers to get ahead of at the least!

I’ve played it 5 times, should be an easy target.