Nexus Prime?

Not everyone. hugs Sprint ;)

Loving the quick camera, and photo editing! Yay!

Built in panoramic shots, nice! I take them a lot with a separate app.

No carrier release info, which was what I was hoping to hear. Or at least when the unlocked model will be available. They’ll probably just release all of that in a press release in the next day or so.

Does Google Mail work with Microsoft Exchange? I really liked the ICS presentation.

Tim Bray has a write-up of the Galaxy Nexus. He really loves the screen, which is definitely the star of the thing. And he’s totally correct about how one-handable a big-screen is, too, describing the grip exactly.

It’s going to come out on verizon in the US, according to the verge interview.

Only Verizon? Boooo

O2, Three and Vodafone confirmed in the UK so far. No sign of any exclusivity deal so I imagine it’ll get to all the usual carriers here.

I’m really liking the look of this & ICS but I can’t upgrade from my Desire until April next year. Only now do I realise what a mistake a 2 year contract is. :(

I really wanted to get this phone, but the GPU choice really has me puzzled. I guess I’ll wait until some actual reviews come out before taking a decision, but at the moment I’m rather disappointed.

I am extremely sad that Sprint is getting rid of their early upgrade Premier program. 2012 is my last one-year upgrade, and then I’ll have to wait two freakin’ years.

I might be misremembering something I read but hasn’t Android heretofore not taken advantage of GPUs for a lot of operations (I’m sure this feeds into the complaints about lag in the other thread)? If ICS has been written so that more operations are done through the GPU then an ‘old’ GPU mightn’t be that much of a handicap.

Hardware-accelerated rendering is mandatory on ICS phones/apps.

I had a feeling that was the case, so although the GPU in the Prime is ‘old’, it’s going to appear to perform a lot better than it did in the Galaxy S. But I guess that that also means no ICS for me on my shitty old Desire :(

Huh, I’m sad this isn’t coming to Sprint, apparently. This is the first phone I’ve seen since getting my EVO to make me say “I want that.”

I think next summer should be a great time to buy a Sprint phone. ICS will be broadly available, the next-gen 28nm cores will be out there with better performance and battery life, and Sprint will have launched its LTE transition, so you’ll be able to get LTE phones (with the LTE integrated on the SoC, so no huge battery life penalty).

So basically, it’ll be like a Galaxy Nexus, except much faster and with better battery life with LTE on Sprint.

I am so turned on right now.

It’ll also likely mark the debut of the LTE iPhone 5 that SJ is rumored to have been working on of late. Should be a great summer for phones.

You think Apple will do a 9-month lifecycle on the 4S?

I do, yeah. I don’t think it’s likely Apple wants anyone else to be first out of the gate with Qualcomm’s new chips (and the new form-factor they allow). This launch timing was an aberration; it doesn’t reset the cadence, and there’s no way in hell that 16 months is the new cycle. On top of that, there’s going to be way too much 4G pressure to ignore come next summer. iPhone 5 will have to be ready.