NFL 2020

This is literally the best time for this to drop on the Redskins management because no one cares. There’s too much going on right now to worry about football. I predict they’ll get away with it, unfortunately.

I predict one or two will be shown the door as sacrificial lambs. Or, if this was LA, sacrificial rams.

Welp, Washington Human Beings it is! Go Beings!

I actually like the font on “Washington” there quite a bit.

I mean, it’s no Papyrus, but it’s pretty cool.

I’m still holding out for “Generals”

BREAKING: Disney to buy the team and rename it the Washington Hamiltons.

Don’t think the team can count on much in merchandising sales this year.

On the WFT good news side, Alex Smith has been cleared to play

And they should have gone with the Washington Team : Football

Then they could be the WTFs

lol, good one. WTF Forever!

Curious to hear the Seahawks’ fans view of the Jamal Adams trade. Seems like an awful lot to give up (2 1st-round picks), plus they’re going to have to pay him a ton of money. Is it a ‘win this year or bust’ kind of move, or does it actually make long-term sense?

Seems like a fabulous deal from the Jets’ perspective, but that doesn’t mean it can’t also work for Seattle.

I mean the Seahawks never draft well in the first round anyway so is it really a big loss to them? Other than the first draft where they got Thomas and Okung they have either had no first round pick or not gotten first round value out of their pick. Jamal Adams is really good and will make their weak secondary much much better.

Doesn’t bother me to see them lose the picks. These kinds of things tend to nudge teams into salary cap hell however. They will have to give Adams a big contract.

Rams gave up two #1s to get Jalen Ramsey. Between the contracts Goff and Donald got and Ramsey will get, the Rams had to cut some players. So Gurley is gone, Clay Matthews is gone, and Greg Zuerlein is gone. And the Rams still need to rebuild their offensive line.

There’s a belief that next year’s draft is going to be a larger crapshoot than usual, seeing how CFB is probably not going to play, at least until spring. So if you’re going to blow a first round pick or two, these are the years.

It is a really high price to pay, which makes me think they were in a bidding war with San Francisco, one they could not afford to lose.

It would have made more sense to give up that sort of haul for a DLine guy. As it stands, secondary and LBs should be good, but there’s no reason to think pass rush won’t be even worse than last year, which isn’t easy to accomplish.

So with games getting cancelled in MLB due to someone on a team testing positive the day before a game, will that happen with NFL games? Or will they have instant result tests on gameday and just remove someone from the lockerroom who tests positive and go ahead and play?

MLB has rainouts so they can deal with cancelled games to some extent, though I don’t know if they can handle the volume of cancellations they are getting. The NFL doesn’t have cancelled games for the most part. The rosters are also bigger and there are more coaches too.

I mean, I don’t officially “know” anything, so just speculating…

…but from what I’ve heard, the NFL is just kinda different. The mindset in the NFL has always been “Move 'em over, move 'em up”. And…

1. You have a league that is all in on not really caring too much about the welfare of its players (see, CTE and concussions), and

2. Players who are acutely aware that their window to play is maybe 2-5 seasons. Those players don’t want to give up a year of that.

buckle up those chinstraps. It’s time for footbawl

Athletes in general are used to their bodies “hurting” and playing in pain so they have a different mindset than the general public, and they do have a limited window for both playing and making money, football players perhaps even more so as there are no other pro options and no minor leagues.

I have heard several football players say that regardless of the dangers of CTE they wouldn’t stop playing or keep their kids from playing.