NFL 2020

I guess by the time many of these players make it to the NFL, they may have already suffered CTE from eight years of high-school and college football.

I get it though. The money is too good to pass up. It’s like all of us. We assume the risky behavior we are willing to engage in will get someone else, not us.

Most of the guys in the NFL only play 2-3 years, and make league minimum or not much above league minimum. After taxes and agent and everything else, they’re looking at maybe a million dollars if they’re lucky and smart. A million sounds like a lot, but they spent their entire lives basically learning to play football. That money has to last the rest of their life, and they’re “retiring” in their mid 20s. There’s a tremendous amount of pressure on the to play, because every year ushers in hundreds of rookies who could easily take their place. Losing an entire year would hit them hard.

The advantages the NFL has is that they have a week between games and more opportunity to test.

I think they are hoping that with the special Covid inactive list, plus the larger taxi squad they will just be able to swap substitutes in sometime during the week.

Meaning he has opted out or that he’s tested positive?

Per the NFL “The list is designated for players who have either tested positive for COVID-19 or been placed in quarantine after potential exposure to the disease.”

So its not an opt out. Either he has tested positive or needs to be quarantined.

What a crazy year of sports. Sooner or later one athlete or coach is going to have serious symptoms.

Yep, Rodriguez has probably suffered the most serious COVID-related condition at this point, though apparently his other symptoms aren’t bad at all – it was only through a physical that they discovered he had myocarditis as a result.

Freddie Freeman of the Braves had a 103-degree fever for at least a day, too.

One thing that helps a lot of these guys is that they’re young athletes. But you have to wonder about at-risk folks, like coaches and managers for sure.

Based on statistics, college football would probably experience at least 2-3 deaths among players. It doesn’t help that body mass of a lot of football players is a lot larger than the general population, and a large percentage of players are African-American. Both of those are categories that have been hit hard.

Jim Edmonds is a slender and fit-looking 50 year old and he was hospitalized with it and said it basically sucked hard. Not young but not the typical person you think will be knocked on his ass having difficulty breathing and needing to go to the hospital.

Came to post this vid of mask usage only to see its the same damn team as the post above.

Football is fucked.

You’re probably right, but in Pederson’s case, later reports are that he may have contracted it from a family member, and not from anyone at the practice facility. Interestingly, he remains asymptomatic and says he feels fine. Still coaching, albeit remotely.

The Gang Social Distances

Wow. Charges dropped against Dunbar.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article244798632.html

With Dunbar and Jamal Adams, the Seahawks have a really terrific secondary. Top 3 in the league. And they’ll need it, because the pass rush is bad poopy.

I wonder how much it cost him to buy his way out of that one.

Haven’t looked in awhile, but as I recall, it sounded like he was very external to just about all of the allegations. I may be mistaken tho.

I believe that should read, “and it will be irrelevant”

@Woolen_Horde Dunbar has been removed from the exempt list, meaning he can participate in camp. Still possible he receives a suspension at some point.

Wow, the season starts in 2 weeks, and no one has posted here for 3 weeks.

The news blackout mandated by the NFL and many teams seems to be working…