NFL 2020

In before Belichick retires

That is too bad. I don’t think the Pats will be better at that position this year. I’d take a 43 year old Brady over a lot of younger players. That said, it would be at most a one-year stay.

Graceful comments from Brady as he leaves. In the end, you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. The team will do the same.

GL to the Patriots fans. After a very long run of success, I foresee dark times ahead, especially if Belichick leaves.

So who is the Patriot’s starting QB now?

Jarrett Stidham, drafted in the 4th round in 2019 out of Auburn. He hasn’t played much. My guess is they draft another QB too.

So where does Brady go? Tennessee is out. The Raiders? The 49ers? The Bucs? The Chargers?

Chargers and Bucs both need, but I would assume he wants to go somewhere where he can be the final piece of the puzzle to put them into a Super Bowl, and I don’t see either of those teams being in that situation.

It would be really hard to take a QB who just took you to the SB and throw him under the bus, so I expect the Niners to be out.

Cleveland just signed a backup, so they are out. Unless they decided to toss Mayfield into a trade somehow.

Is Matt Stafford completely healthy again? A one-year deal with Brady might make sense there if Stafford needs more time.

The Bears need a QB in my opinion, but I’m not sure they agree.

I think that it’s the classic NFL problem where the GM made a big mistake, knows he made a big mistake, but feels like he has more job security selling ownership that it wasn’t a mistake versus moving on.

The Raiders signed Mariota, so they’re out as a Brady destination.

The Panthers reportedly are talking to Bridgewater. Could Cam go to New England?

I can only imagine how well he’d get along with Belichick…

Brady leaving the Pats is the NFL’s stimulus package to sports radio and ESPN.

Ha ha – no kidding.

That would be crazy. He’s well liked here but he for sure is a talked about figure. In New England? Working for Belichick? I’d give him a week.

Brady’s options look pretty limited. The 49ers have publicly said no (but there’s nothing binding about that), and that never really made sense. Tampa and San DiegLA, I guess, with San DiegLA probably more likely?

The Bears aren’t ditching their second-overall QB for some sixth round scrub from Michigan.

Where would Gisele want to spend her time? LA, or Tampa? Yeah, I’m thinking LA, too.

Actually I note that nowhere in that post does Brady actually say he’s leaving. That could be the best “Punk’d” move ever!

The Pats confirmed he met with Kraft Monday and told him he would not be signing with the team.

So he must have a good idea where he’s going. The Chargers make a lot of sense. They have a decent team and they will play in a brand new stadium in LA, and they need to sell tickets.

Sounding like Rivers to the Colts.