NFL 2023

Wow, Greenlaw almost had it.

Ice cold

Prescott is just not a big game QB.

Let’s hope Mitchell doesn’t regret going out of bounds. Dallas would have had almost no time left.

Dak seems to have the same Romo curse. Christmas trees have more life in January than Dallas does.

I gave the offenses too much credit.

Highlight of the game: Kittle calling a fair catch on McCaffery’s TD celebration heave, then tossing the ball to Jerry Rice

That was maybe the most amazing final play I’ve ever seen. Holy shit that was funny. Sooo Dallas.

Spend five minutes organizing this 3D chess play with crazy formations and imaginary laterals only to see Elliott get pancaked right before the initial receiver gets destroyed immediately after the catch.

I’m not a huge Cowboys hater but that was a satisfying end to my night. 🤣

On a cold and snowy day, you should lean on your running backs.

Cincinnati - 27 carries for 138 yards and 1 TD.

Buffalo - 11 carries for 37 yards.

The Bills really need an offensive revamp.

How bout them cowboys

Pollard going out probably changed that game. Whatever chance Dallas had offensively ended at that point because Dak just isn’t an elite QB. I think we’ve all known that for awhile, but as talented as the Cowboys are, they only have a couple of elite play makers around him. I’m not sure Purdy is elite either, but SF has several elite play makers around him.

The NFC title game will be fun.

27th consecutive NFC title game without a Dallas team

What’s the opposite of miracle?

Plague.

Bet some Dallas fans are calling for Cooper Rush to be the starter next year. Dak didn’t look that great. Dallas should think about trading Elliot too if they can get anything for him. Pollard’s better.

Pollard is going to be a free agent.

And now he has a broken leg.

Pollard and Elliot made for a pretty good pair of backs, and as is the case in modern football one of them is a better receiver than the other. Losing Pollard really hurt Dallas, but don’t blame Elliot for doing what he hasn’t been asked to do for a couple years. IIRC Elliot is on a probably un-tradable contract.

Prescott meanwhile can’t carry the team. He panics under pressure, as the stat’s apparently back up.

If Prescott isn’t the guy then I don’t know what Dallas can do. It’s not like they can trade him. Colin Cowherd has been saying for awhile that Prescott is another Cousins, and until Dak does something its hard to argue. Seems to me that if Dak is who he is, Dallas needs to rethink their approach and try and upgrade the weapons around him and maybe the scheme. Upgrading the scheme probably means McCarthy and Kellen Moore need to go. I guess we’ll see what Jerry does next.

They have one more year to figure it out. The only realistic way he isn’t with the cowboys in 2023 would be a trade after June 1. I can’t imagine a team being willing to take on his contract, unless they have massive amounts of unused cap space and are being given draft capital to take Dak off their hands.

After 2023, it becomes much easier to pay ways with him (and he will be a free agent in 2025).