Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

I believe that is (correctly) what Jake Solomon is inferring, yeah. This looks very XCOM, but I mean that as a compliment. In my opinion, the best games build off the previous best game ideas.

On a related note, I want to see more games use the cool Nemesis system from Shadows of Mordor, and it sounds like XCOM 2’s upcoming expansion is doing some of that.

Exactly. And Solomon is clearly flattered and surprised:

“Just like everyone else, my jaw dropped a little bit when I heard the phrase, ‘As you see, Luigi has taken half-cover.’ What world am I in right now? I couldn’t believe it.”

The article is fair and the influences right there in the screenshot/demo. It looks like they’re using AP though, which is cool.

Edit: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is perhaps the biggest and most pleasant E3 surprise for me, next to Metroid Prime 4.

There’s also that Western-themed game that used a similar battle system. I had thought at the time that we’d probably see a few games take after it.

…Hard West? I haven’t played it but it came to mind.

Sorry Canada… some Switch games look like they are gonna cost $99.99 Canadian monies.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/06/09/upcoming-nintendo-switch-games-will-cost-99-99-in-canada/260317/

So this is a thing now: https://www.instagram.com/rabbidpeach/

Hey so the new Switch update lets you add friends from 3DS, Wii-U, and Mobile. So I spammed a bunch of you!

LOL. No thanks.

What a good name/post combo.

Good news is you can and should just buy all your games on the us eshop.

I noticed this on Amazon.ca’s preorder price for Super Mario Odyssey. I assumed it was just an E3 placeholder price, as everything that wasn’t was still showing the painful but acceptable $79. I’m not so sure this isn’t just a placeholder price, as is being hotly debated in the (horrible, horrible) comment thread of the article you linked.

A quick Siri currency conversion of today’s Amazon.com price for the same game ($59.99) comes back as $79, so I’m not too worried yet.

Guys, it’s not funny to say Mario is possessing his enemies. He’s “Capturing” them.

Well, it’s Cappy - he captures!

Doesn’t matter how they try to soften the blow, it’s still mind rape.

You can’t fool 1980s fundamentalist mothers. They know it’s possession.

Charlie Scibetta of Nintendo of America told Venture Beat that Metroid Prime 4 and the “new Pokemon game” are 2018 titles. Given the former’s bare bones teaser at E3, I was expecting 2019 at the earliest.

“Just as you get through a game and you’re starting to put your head up, put the periscope out to see what else is out there, hopefully we’ll have something right there for you. We’ve announced a nice lineup through this year, and next year we have some big games coming with Metroid 4. 2018 will be around Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, new Pokemon game has been announced. We feel good about the lineup for this year and beyond.”

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/nintendo-on-keeping-switch-owners-happy-with-mario-and-more/view-all/

That seems really early

They said they’d be ready this time around and would be able to avoid big gaps in their own lineup. I’m sure Metroid Prime 4 has been in development for quite awhile already. Other than Zelda, they’ve been pretty much announcing and releasing games within about a year of that announcement for awhile now. I expect MP4 to be one of their big playable games at E3 next year in the same way Super Mario Odyssey was this year.

I’m not buying it.

I have both and am in.