No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

I’m guessing low g means jumping farther, which means getting to next deposit quicker? Not sure :)

Not direct connection.
My chroline factory is on a moon planet, but I guess could have been anywhere. Being in the moon has some nice perks, like moving around fast, not having to deal with the plants /fauna, and it probably loads quickly.

I can’t rebind my keys, can anyone help?
Not sure if this has been covered, but I just jumped back into the game to see what the new patch(es) have added.
Playing on PC btw.

Key rebinding is bugged.

I went to the space anomaly for the first time yesterday. The auto-pilot took over, guided me to a landing spot and just before it was about to descend another ship appeared in the spot. My ship stopped descending and decided to spin randomly instead. This went on for about 5 minutes at which it decided it to bounce around like a pinball instead. I’ve no idea why I kept watching…

Yesterday I left the anomaly and… I had an out-of-body experience. I was there - no ship, no body, no inventory, no nothing. Just me and space, the Nexus in sight over a ringed, orange world. It was beautiful, but you can only stare for so long before exiting the game because you can’t actually play it. ;)

Yeah, that happens every once in a while. One time I was actually losing health when it happened, but usually just float in space.

Does upload all discoveries work for anyone else? If the pop up is to be believed it has a binding, but it doesn’t work for me so I have to upload everything individually.

No. But uploading things individually works fine for whatever reason.

Happened to me the other day as well. My guess is this happens more in prime-time, so be wary of that when heading to the Anomaly for anything. Save first.

Also, if you’re not really using multiplayer anyway, if you shut that stuff off I believe you’ll bypass the Anomaly bugs. And there are a lot of them, including one that deletes player bases when players use the teleporter there to go home.

Always autosave before doing things know to crash. And always manually save often in a while.

Also if you made changes on your base, upload these changes.

The game is not terrible unstable, but is prone to let you find something awesome, then crash losing it after it.

Saw this in the pinned messages on the discord server:

I had my base get messed up again, costing me about 30 minutes and 5 million units. I think I’m taking a break until they solve whatever is going on. I should add I’m not using the nexus teleporter when I hit this issue, just the teleporter in the space station. I can’t recall if I’ve run into this while landing directly with the spaceship.

Noted. To be safe I’ll try not to use the teleporters at all.

I’m finally making some headway for credits. You guys probably make millions but I’ve rounded up about 3 million over the last couple of days and I’m proud of that. Mostly from refining ionized cobalt and making chlorine, then selling them on the market.

I just got the economy scanner, is it really worth a damn? If so, how do I leverage this thing?

I know it’s a comic and is intended to be funny, but “that easily pleased”? Yeah, that first year of release sure was a smooth ride for Hello Games.

Hello Games dug themselves out of the abyss through sheer determination and a whole lot of hard work over the span of years, all of which they haven’t charged a dime for. You don’t find players that easy to please, you earn their loyalty.

Okay, I’m done, sorry for a rebuttal on a silly comic. :)

I was about to say the same. I’d add that one needs only to go to the Steam forums to see that not all NMS players are actually “easily pleased”.

I made a fortune space trucking with the economy scanner, but be forewarned that to make real money hauling goods you’ll need a ship with a lot of empty cargo space. I’d also recommend upgrading the warp drive in your ship so you can travel to any color system, as it opens up your buying/selling options considerably.

There is a really good Steam Community Guide on the subject assuming nothing changed in the Beyond update. In a nutshell, the economy scanner shows you all the economic information for star systems in the star map view, allowing you to determine where to buy and sell goods to create your own trade routes and make some mad money.

You trade goods in loops depending on the industry of the systems involved, for example Advanced - Scientific - Trading (then back around to Advanced). The scanner not only shows you what type of industry is in a system, but the level of supply (you want to trade in high supply systems like Wealthy, Opulent, Affluent, etc.) and the margins for buying/selling versus the galactic average (anything higher than 20%/60% will make you money).

I’m sitting on 175 million units, and I’ve had even more in the past, the vast majority of which I received from running trade loops while exploring and scouting for S-Class ships to own.

Spending years releasing large updates, trying to fix and improve the game for free will earn a lot of good will with gamers, no matter the initial fuck up. Bioware/EA and SquareEnix of course do nothing of the sort and are all about maximizing profits with DLC and sequels. Nothing terribly wrong with that, but you certainly are not going to gain any billboards outside your office.

I am going to try and get back into this game for the 3rd time, having bounced hard off it both times before. I should love this game but I kept finding it empty and boring.

Excellent tips, man. Thank you for that.

Exactly, and they do get rewarded for that effort, every time a big patch drops, the game rockets back up into the top 10 of sales charts.

I made it about an hour before jumping back in to explore some more and earn my money back. Using 3 s class scanner modules on the multi-tool generates money so quickly. I think I get anywhere from 150k to 450k scanning fauna, and a flat 73k scanning flora. I got back up to 23m units, and then blew a bunch on nice hauler with a bunch of space, a decent fighter and explorer. So I think I have 4 ships currently, and I’m up to I think 6 frigates with 1 s class, 3 b class, and 2 c class right now. I don’t have a great freighter, so now that I have a decent explorer I think I will go off and build up a bunch of money to get a freighter with better inventory space.