No Rest For the Wicked - new ARPG from Ori developer

Looks pretty neat. I love how everything in the trailer’s gameplay sequences feels “hefty”.

Oh my yes pleaae.

The Ori games were amazing, so I’m definitely interested in this.

1:10 into the trailer before gameplay is shown. Guys, your introductory cutscenes are not that interesting to me.

Nice, they got Malukah to do the vocals for the song in the trailer.

That’s who it was, I immediately recognized the Voice from “Dragonborn Comes” but for the life of me could not recall her name. Thank you.

I like their work with light and darkness.

Gameplay video

This looks remarkably like Sands of Aura, right down to the (IMHO, awkward in practice) Diablo/Souls combat system featuring “git gud” levels of difficulty.

On a side note, those character models shown around 10:31 are FUGLY. There’s stylized looks, and there’s the uncanny valley. These…things however look like they crawled straight out of a Junji Ito manga.

I like the art style. It reminds me a little bit of Asterix comics but without the big noses.

This game legitimately looks really good.

I’ve watched a bunch of the early preview reviews/impressions and it seems like a must buy for me. Different from most ARPGs in that it’s not a power fantasy where you are wiping out hundreds of enemies at a time, but I’m ready for that change.

I love the animation style too, and the fact that it’s not procedurally generated is a big win in my mind. I am also eager to play something tightly designed and beautifully drawn.

As far as I’m concerned, this is a great trailer.

I think, from a quick look at the Steam community forum, early access will be an “~80% of Act 1” kind of deal and be around $40 with a mild launch discount.

Could not see any info on Early Access plans or roadmap, or how many acts a 1.0 release might contain. Presume they will publish some of that around launch.

How does he know what I think?!?!?!?! Is he some sort of mind reader?

He is Darth Microtransaction, so I guess he’s using the Force or something to read minds! Or make a gacha game. Who knows?

Why don’t you people ever link the god damned Steam page in these threads?