No thread about the Oregon Wildlife Refuge standoff?

Other people aren’t Americans.

Yea if anyone else pulled that they wouldn’t be alive to stand trial. That’s the problem in this country. Narcissistic right-wing, white gets kid gloves treatment in armed stand-off, while if anyone else pulled this kind of crap, or their cellphone they’d be dead.

He’s flaunted the law for decades and has a mansion while owing the government millions. Once again, special treatment if you’re the right “class” of people. That’s just a small part of why we threw a fit. Also they could have been classed as terrorists for what they did and their threats. Anyone else who is not White/Christian/Mormon would have been. There would be no excuse to bring in armed outsiders to deal with snipers because they would have been arrested en masse etc.

The fact that the prosecution lied and torched the entire trial, shows that the court system in this case worked. But the way this all happened in light of entire classes of people having no sense of justice equality is awful.

FBI seems to have become rankled (in Oregon and previously at Waco) by open/armed resistance. Usually they reserve this sort of enmity for Anarchists and Communists.

These people are the epitomy of anarchists. Threats of violence, no recognition of rule of law, anti government…

If given the chance, I don’t think these people would hold reservations about creating laws.

So instead of anarchists they are revolutionaries wanting to overthrow the government to institute their own rule of law?

Oh goodie

That link isn’t opening for me. What state is he running in, NV or OR?

Going to be running in NV as an independent.

Whew, sorry NV, but better you than us.

They’re not from Oregon. Notice how the Hammonds aren’t even mentioned anymore. Bundy just used them to pick a fight.

IMO, He’ll pull a strangely large number of votes in Nevada but not enough to worry the Democratic or Republican. Heck, he might even Perot the whole thing and help deliver a Dem governor.

There aren’t enough people outside Vegas and Reno to count, so no, he won’t matter.

I used to live in Nevada. During the election I’d watch as all these counties started falling red with like 80+% of the vote and I would get worried.

Until I realized that a lot of those counts were literally 300 votes (or fewer). Some fewer than 100.

Of course he would…

Interesting piece on Ammon Bundy and his family. Warning: It’s one of those pieces that spends a lot of time humanizing these people, but also gives plenty of space for the story of a woman whose life he completely ruined.

Most of the story is not about his disappearance, that’s just kind of a spoiler for how it ends.