Noita - all the pixels simulated!

At this point I would say water management is a huge aspect of the game. As a subset of the stain mechanics.

Impossible to know really when you first start playing the game.

I’m on fire…dead
I’m poisoned…dead

Water is the cure all.

The interface is so mysterious. So is the whole game really. I wonder why they chose a font that’s so painful to read?

Bro, the mysteries are only just beginning. I am so excited for you.

The jetpack is very mysterious too. On my very first run, I seemed to have infinite jetpack juice. I could thrust as much as I wanted, it seemed. But then on my second run, I immediately ran out of jetpack fuel, and I could only make short hops. But then a little later on that run, I seemed to have more juice. So maybe it replenishes over time, and across runs? Like I said, very mysterious.

It’s levitation, not a jetpack, and it’s definitely not unlimited, though there are things that can extend it (potions, perks). You know if you mouse over anything the game will tell you what it is in the upper right. Nothing saves between runs at all…at least nothing I know of. There may be things I haven’t found in 55 hours that do.

I’m playing using a controller, so no mouse-over information, unfortunately. You use the left stick to move and the right stick to aim 360 degrees around yourself, left trigger for the jetpack and right trigger for firing your currently selected weapon. It works relatively well so far.

Oh god.

I tried it on Steam deck and just cannot imagine playing this game “seriously” without mouse aim.

First thing I do is empty whatever is in the flask that I get and fill it with water.

I scrolled back up a bit and had to cackle at that one gif of me dying to a gas tank I pierced myself and tried frantically to run away from.

How did you record those videos btw? So many people shared Noita videos that I always assumed the game somehow did it for you, but I didn’t see anything like that in my first two runs at least.

Might want to check out r/noita.

Sorry, this is my first time searching reddit, I searched for how to record death, and all I got was pages and pages of images of people’s deaths.

Ah here we go, googled it instead:

The game has a gif maker built in that will capture the last few seconds before your death. You have to turn it on in the options, I believe (replay maker), then when you die you click where it says click here for stats, then there will be a “save death replay” button. I don’t remember where it puts them but there is a button to open the folder in the options menu.

It’s not secret anymore, you don’t have to edit files.

Poking around the wiki makes me wish this had been a game when I was a kid and got like one or two games a year. So many hours of who knows what the hell in here.

I’m gonna echo @Rock8man here, but man this game would be so much more approachable with a font that didn’t look like total ass.

I get it. Pixels. So a pixel-ly font. With drop shadows. Which looks like ass.

OMFG, thank you mods!

@Rock8man …look for ‘better font (english)’ mod (Steam Workshop::Better font (English) )in the steam workshop. To enable, you need to go to options, then click through the language settings (each click changes the language…which is incredibly stupid since then you’re presented with an interface in another language, but i digress…you’ll need about 8 clicks)

WOW…this just makes me so HAPPY!

I like the font. :(

Oh wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow… wow.

of course, to each their own. What res are you playing at? (and are you full-screen or windowed?)

1080p full screen. I did the majority of my play on a 23" (I think?) monitor, but I’ve done a couple runs on this 14" laptop screen.

Hmm…didn’t notice that the battery was connected to the wand and…Electrocuted in a vat of whiskey. Not the worst way to go, i suppose.

So is it better to hang out in the first area and explore, or to move quickly through?