Noita - all the pixels simulated!

Dying?

Narrator voice: it was.

You have now become…

Comfortably numb?

Been taking a break from Noita to play spooky games, but I couldn’t resist loading it up today. I should have resisted! Teleportitis Dodge, I have decided, is a total trap. It puts me in danger as often as gets me out of it and makes it tough to escape some situations. Never again.

I did make a neat wand that homed in on guys and then turned them into thunderstorms, which was cool and just about instant death, but it was also fairly dangerous to myself. If I didn’t have the explosion immunity perk I probably would have been killed getting past my test here. I didn’t realize those statues counted as enemies.

Today was Noita 1.0’s birthday, so I took the opportunity to do a daily run. Got to the Vault on the strength of a pretty cool wand I built in the second Holy Mountain, but panicked from an off-screen electric blast and got cornered.

I’m back on this again. Found a new area yesterday just digging around in the rocks on the second level with a lightsaber wand I happened on. I can’t believe there are only 23 deaths in my deaths album. Feels like hundreds.

Computer, show me a demonstration of the phrase, “hoist with one’s own petard”:

Oh that is nice. :D

Noooooooooo!

In more True Tales of Petard Hoisting, even 330 health cannot help you if you are foolish enough to use a plasma beam as your weapon:

This morning after dying to an offscreen KK-Tankki in Snowy Depths after an hour of careful playing, I swore I was done with this game. Probably I will fire it up again tomorrow.

Welp, not only did I play it today, but:

174 deaths. And 50.4hrs of playtime. Good lord.

This was the wand that did it for me, although I didn’t get the electric curse and electric shot until the very end. Final boss went down in about five seconds.

…whew.

I am terrible at this game and usually die horribly in the snow cave / third zone because the difficulty goes through the roof there. I haven’t had the luck of getting a great wand / spells / perks to surmount it regularly.

I often kill myself or some environment hazard destroys me.

Ohhh, congrats! Now for NG+? :)

Furthest I ever got was Hisii Base or whatever. It’s a complete shit show. Cramped quarters with stupid high enemy density right out of the gate. Explosions and projectiles everywhere. Ten tons of hell in a five pound handbasket.

I think I have to use an invisibility potion and just rush to the next portal in order to ever have a chance of getting through there.

I beat it once, just got lucky with many perks that made me virtually invincible by the Hiisi base. Then just rushed through the next few biomes to get to the end boss who went down fairly quickly. Haven’t got anywhere as close again.

It sure is.

I don’t think there is such a mode? There are, however, plenty of secrets I still haven’t uncovered.

Oh I was only joking! Noita seems NG+ enough as it is!