"Not For Broadcast" looks like fun. But is it even a "game"?

I loved this game. In fact, I don’t even think it’s technically a game, in the same way I didn’t think Guitar Hero was a game. Instead, they’re both interactive front-ends to help you better appreciate the skit/song. And in the case of Not For Broadcast, the skits are top-notch and they come together into some really fun worldbuilding. Not For Broadcast reminded me of Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington’s “On Cinema” podcast, partly because I was discovering the degree of that podcast’s “world-building” as I was playing Not For Broadcast. Fun, crazy, unexpected stuff, all around!

So I’m delighted that a new “skit” has been announced for Not For Broadcast! From the Steam page announcement:

And it looks Patrick Bannon-centric! George Vere, the actor who plays that character, was easily one of the troupe’s strongest performers. If you played Not For Broadcast, but didn’t dip into the extras where Vere helms an old-timey telethon, you missed out! But now you have until March 23rd to enjoy it and get a taste of what you might be in for when the new Live & Spooky stuff comes out.