NWN2 Goes Gold

How are the other goodies in the CE box? The Art book? The map? The in-game items? Is the CE manual spiral bound?

He’s entered a berserker rage! LOOK OUT, HE’S COMING RIGHT FOR YOU!!

Also: the first companion you get in Chapter 1 is cool, but the second one not quite as interesting.

Damn. I was hoping this wasn’t just a Direct2Drive issue-- misery loves company, eh?

Do you think that “battle caster” is worthwhile for a bard / fighter /rdd hybrid? Just wondering if you still have to do arcane spell checks at a negative with this feat or not. I was thinking of picking up Able Learner though so I could increase Perform when I’m leveling up other classes, etc.

For anyone whose successfully installed the DVD version, how much info is stored in the DVD. Mine’s at 4.36 gigs and refuses to install with some other weird bugs. Maybe something didn’t get burned is my thought.

Mine is also 4.36 gigs.

It isnastalled fine, runs ok (camera is a little stiff) and it patched a little slow but ok.

I have the DVD version, but I think I mentioned that earlier.

Way to lose it completely, fanboy. Good God.

How does Able Learner work, do you just pay less for a crossclass skill (but still have the crossclass level limit), or is the skill treated completely like a class skill?

I just had two breakthroughs! Neither of which helped me install the game. First off, I tested it on a dated laptop with a DVD player and it started to install just fine. Then, when I was back on “my computer” I noticed my DVD drive was being thought of as a CD drive! The game must think its being read by a CD-drive. This is still odd since I have watched DVDs with this drive and had no trouble with the Company of Heroes DVD version.

Anyone know a thing or two about this problem?

All caps means he’s kidding. Probably. I KNOW WHEN I START TALKING ABOUT SENDING MY ZOMBIE KOALA SPACE NAVY AT YOU I USE ALL CAPS11!1!!!

I am still seriously, seriously unconvinced that this won’t be another KOTOR2, full of bugs and with an incomplete campaign. With the other zillion games coming out this month, I will buy this probably before the end of the year but maybe not.

Atari really needs to step up and get more than an ISDN line hooked into a 486/66 for their patch server.

I’ve gotten about 40 megs of the 80 meg patch in an hour.

So far this game sounds more stable than the original did at the time of its release. ;)

The art book is about 40 small pages long and includes a mix of concept art and in game shots. I just skimmed through it though as it appears to be somewhat spoilerish, mentioning NPC’s, etc.

The map is about 8 inches square, the usual thin cloth type. Decent art and the basic place names from Luskan down to south of Neverwinter and a bit inland. Good for getting a general sense of the area, not much else.

You forgot about the rings. Two, kind of cheap looking. Not that I cared, but they are not much to get excited about. Basic metal/pewter style with the Neverwinter logo and the appropriate “Lawfull Good” and “Chaotic Evil” printed on them.

In game items I haven’t seen. The manual is not spiral bound but seems pretty good.

By the way, I installed and updated. No problem loading the patch and updating the game and it took maybe 10 minutes. Not sure what the patch issues and slow download complaints are about.

I’m into Chapter I now, having finished the tutorial. Only bad thing about the tutorial was the lack of any discussion of the camera controls. While the game wanted to run 1024x768, medium quality, and low shadows, I updated to 1280x1024 and high quality with no problems. My 2 Gigs of RAM may be helping there. So far I like the game but a few comments. First, there are plenty of non-voiced NPC’s and it’s a bit jarring to switch between them.

Second, while the graphics are nice, I find myself pulling the camera back to get a bigger view of things and for tactical reason, which pretty much minimizes the graphical brilliance. Sure, you can zoom in and play ala KOTOR and get nice views, but then you lose the traditional tactical party gameplay aspect. I’m not blaming the developers, but it does raise an interesting question about capability of 3D graphics engines versus the actual need in a tactical combat RPG. In other words, you can choose to play this like Oblivion or like BG2, but when you have more than one companion the BG2 camera angle seems to make much more sense.

Did you use the ingame update or download the patch? All I can find is a placeholder text file on the Atari site.

Ug the updater is taking soooo looong. Get off the internets you geeks I need my NWN2!!!

Way to misspell fanboi.

I hate the animations :(

The former. If you are multiclass, apparently, you can get class skill max in any class skill that any of your classes have.

I don’t mind the animations, but I can’t stand how people just stand there until their attack animation executes. Frankly the “standing doing nothing” animation should be distinctly different from the “about to attack” animation. Right now you can’t really tell if someone is actually idle or if they are waiting for their attack to execute.

Impressions thus far:

• This game’s camera doesn’t give me a headache the way NWN1’s did.
  • Voice acting ranges from solid to god-awful.
  • KotOR2 players will immediately recognize this game’s equivalent of “Pure Pazaak.” Le Sigh.
  • To say this game takes “some liberties” with the Pen & Paper rules is quite the understatement.
  • Quite a bit of time spent at loading screens.
  • The manual still smells like cat piss.