NWN2 Goes Gold

Has anyone noticed a thing where the game is obviously spawning new MOBs and it freezes up solid?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I was in the Eyegouger cave and when I hit certain areas the game would just freeze up. At first I thought that it would CTD but I waited, and it didn’t. Then there were a bunch of MOBs where I had just cleared some Orcs out. The same thing happened in the place where you’re supposed to clear out the gith assasins.

SPOILERS OVER

As well, I’ve clicked on ore veins that seem to have placeholder names. Not a big issue, just curious.

Anyone cut down the view distance yet? Since I play mostly top-down I don’t need the default view distance and it does seem to help with the outdoor area chug a bit (plus the bringing the distance fog a bit closer really doesn’t look that bad).

It’s the “FarClipPlaneOverride” line in the ini. I dropped mine from 300 to 200 so far and barely noticed, but did notice a slight improvement in outdoor area framerate. I imagine on lower systems you could drop it to even 100-150 and probably not mind a whole lot.

Turn bloom off. It helps a lot.

Running the game on a AMD 3200, 6600 GT agp card, 1.5 gigs of ram. Initially it ran poorly and had corrupted sky textures but updating to the latest Nv drivers fixed the problem.

Running the game at 1024 x 768 on the ‘recommended autodetect settings’ but changed the sound to miles 2d positional and turned bloom on. Using the in game counter I am getting around 30 fps, and the gameplay has the consistent fluidity to make it enjoyable. Will be upgrading after Christmas, and looking forward to see the game as the devs intended.

Although the graphics are pretty weak on these settings, I am overall happy with the game. Although I am not that far in, I find the pacing to be excellent and even though the story is your standard D&D “evil is on the move again - solve the mystery” script, it really pulls you along.

So everybody is packing Nvidia here? No ATI love at all? :(

Or is everybody with ATI not having problems? :crosses fingers:

I started off dubious, but now am nearing (finally) the end of Chapter 1. The character interaction has really picked up, the plot is meandering and somewhat uninteresting but well polished, things are still early and this game seems like it is shaping up to be a real old fashioned epic-sized mega adventure, the likes of which I haven’t played in years.

Once you start wrapping up your initial “chores” in Neverwinter the game seems to start to pick up, and I’m pretty well hooked. Took me awhile to get used to the camera, and I’ve run across a couple showstopper bugs (had to resort to the forum to find a console workaround for a conversation trigger that never launched – and I never knew I missed it until I got stuck), but the good game underneath really shines through.

Short version: I am a lawful evil Wizard / Eldritch Knight wielding a Halberd and a hat with a feather in it that gives me +4 to Diplomacy and Bluff. I have regressed back into total dorkdom but am loving it.

Ati? You mean Atari or something?

No idea what you’re talking about.

My ATI Radeon X700 Pro was doing just fine at 1152x864 with Max textures and medium shadows until I hit Neverwinter. I ended up setting shadows to low, and it’s mostly pretty solid. However, the web spell absolutely kills my framerate (as others have reported down to 3-4 fps). Other than that so far I’m pretty happy with my X700.

I’m also at the minimum processor spec 2.4GHz P4, although I do have 1Gig of memory.

The game isn’t that slow when playing from a Baldur-like point of view. I’m getting around 20fps with a 7600GT (no vsync, no normal mapping, high-res textures, middle-res shadows, bloom, 1280x960). some pics: http://omoikane.minstrum.net/nwn2/

MINOR SPOILER ALERT******

I can’t fucking believe this. Near the end of chapter 1, after I pick up Bishop, I proceed to the ambush sequence in the small town. After winning, I save and try to exit. Nope. Can’t leave. I look everywhere, and the doors are all locked. What did I do wrong? Nothing. A script didn’t trigger, and now I can’t leave (the exit square won’t work), and this is my only save for hours. Thanks, guys! My game is lost.

Fuck this game.

I got the same problem when i was supposed to meet the Paladin in the orc mountains. Now when a fight is nearly over I always select my main character (I think that’s what trigger the script).

Exact same thing happened to me. Same place, too. Ye olde scripts are none too reliable.

Fortunately, I always keep a “real” save as well as quick save, so I just had to replay about a half hour of the game.

I didn’t know not selecting the main character is what sometime screws up the scripts. Good to know.

BTW, I’m now running the game on a brand new computer, and it looks rather fabulous. Two snaps and a swish fabulous.

The first machine I ran the game on was an ATI machine… and the game simply wouldn’t run. But it was an old video card, so I dunno if the problem was ATI.

After a single BSOD during a quicksave I also keep a regular one handy. I still quicksave often and it hasn’t happened again, but that hint of instability has led me to take the few extra steps and use a regular save more than I was previously.

Game looks great on the highest settings on 1280x1024. I just wish the framerate would stop playing dead. I just don’t get why it’s so slow on my 7900GTO / FX-55 / 1GB system.

Worth a try!

I always run with three saves, just keep overwriting the oldest one. I’ve been gaming way too long to do otherwise. Also, you can quick save? I didn’t see that in the key commands…

BTW, I’m now running the game on a brand new computer, and it looks rather fabulous. Two snaps and a swish fabulous.

See even on my super duper computer I just got with 7450, it doesn’t run too great. Runs at a nice resolution, but I have to turn shadows off and some features down. And no bloom. :(

Where as, CoH and Oblivion, for instance, both run maxxed out at REALLY high frame rates with the latest drivers… though CoH is unplayable because the last driver/patch (don’t know which, applied them at the same time) causes the terrain to flicker constantly. But it goes fast while flickering!

This engine is just a beast…hopefully a couple few patches down the road and they’ll have fixed that up.

I do a main named save every hour or so, and a quicksave before major encounters, purchases, or level ups.

Quicksave is F12 I think. Took me a while to find it as well. As for the game, not very far in, but so far so good. Getting a much better vibe from the official campaign than I did with the first one (and I still had fun with NWN1 playing it in co-op).

Is there a place in Neverwinter to buy lots healing potions and healer’s kits? It seems like there is a store for pretty much everything you could want, except for these items.

I’m trying not to rest too often, and without the druid in my party at the moment I’m tending to run out of healing resources pretty quickly.