NWN2 installation problem

I know this game is buggy and all, but I bought it AND the expansion, figuring that was pretty safe. Unfortunately, I can’t install the original game. At the END of installation I get a dataerror (cyclic redundancy check). Then it stops. Is that a bad disk or some other problem? I’ve tried searching the problem, and while others have had it, no one seems to know how to fix it. Atari hasn’t emailed me back so far, and maybe they will, but I thought someone here might know the solution.

Cyclic redundancy check implies something is wrong with your disc, there are utils out there to try and recover from that if you google “cyclic redundancy check” but I’ve had varying levels of success with them.

That said, I’ve seen this error occur on a dirty disc too… try cleaning it.

Wow. That actually fixed the problem. It was a brand new disk, and I had wiped it off before putting it in (I always do, out of habit). But a full cleaning did the trick. Thanks!

Glad to be of service.

I’ve got a different NWN2 installation problem- I installed the D2D version on my new machine, and installed the fix for the autopatcher, which lets it download a patch and start to apply it. But somewhere in the middle of the process it decides the old files aren’t in the expected state and craps out. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and was careful to follow the instructions to run the unpatched version for 5 minutes before using the auto-patcher, but no luck. Is this a known problem? anyone have any ideas of what to do?

Not an installation problem but close. I just got this with MoTB, installed patched, went out of the first room and everything is black. I’m seeing some lights (or something) but that’s about it.

I lowered gfx to the lowest settings and it worked, then started to play around trying to figure what exactly is causing it but I can’t pinpoint it. Some changes only kick in after a restart.
Anyone knows what might be the issue?

Oh, specs - dual core E4400, gforce8800 320 mb, Win7 64bit, 2 gig ram.

Try this.