Obamacare is worthless

Nailed it.

Foremost Republican “policy wonk” really doing some of his best work here.

Not sure what tonight’s meeting will actually accomplish, but the DJShadow video has been on my mind all afternoon.

Per Mick Mulvaney, Trump is done negotiating on AHCA. Wants a vote tomorrow. If it fails, nation is “stuck” with Obamacare, he’s moving on.

I love how he has no idea how government works. The best the president can do is make suggestions and threaten vetoes. If Congress wants to keep working on an ACA replacement, he has zero say in the matter.

What a moron. Someone needs some remedial civics classes. Or at least a “Government For Dummies” book

Most of the negotiations over the AHCA in the last 36 hours have taken place in the White House, though, with Trump staff working on concessions on the bill. They’re playing point.

So tomorrow the House will vote on an AHCA that has, in the last two hours, had the Essential Health Benefits protections stripped out of it…but leaves in other stuff the Freedom Caucus wants removed.

This version has not been scored or marked up by the CBO.

It will almost certainly be DOA to the Senate.

And it may cause House Moderates to rebel, while not going far enough for the Freedom Caucus.

Somewhere, John Boehner is laughing his ass off.

He really did get out just at the right time. He knew his party was turbo fucked.

I’m not quite ready to write of their chances of getting this passed through both houses yet. There’s nothing Repubs love more than to fall in line.

Not quite true; I’d argue that fucking the poor and fellating the rich probably both rank higher for them.

With this, they’d get to do all 3!

What JFrazer said.

This really sums it up:

God that album was fucking tight. The new Run the Jewels is amazing too.

I think so as well, also Trump doesn’t run the House agenda. I think they’ll come up with something to screw us.

I’m kinda ambivalent right now- we kinda need people to be screwed in order to discredit the Republicans utterly- and the only way out of this mess right now is a complete repudiation of white nationalist politics.

Those of us who depend on affordable insurance from the ACA would rather you not cavalierly consign us to early deaths like that, thanks.

Luckily Alstein is immune to all government interference with his income and livelihood.

I always knew that guy had a head on his shoulders. He hits on the problem precisely: most Americans are not Chicago School / Randian ideological conservatives. What too many Americans are (thanks to our fucked up history) is racist, either consciously or unconsciously.

Vote tomorrow looks really close.