Obsidian making Alien RPG

That’s it exactly. If I wasn’t such a huge D&D geek, I wouldn’t still be playing. It’s probably why I’m more annoyed with the game than others… Vampire game? Never bothered with after hearing how buggy it was. D&D game? I buy almost all of them that come out these days. I have fun playing in the D&D system, I know it really well, etc. It’s my baseball glove and I’m happy to put it back on. Even if someone stuck gravel up in there this time around.

Now, would I much rather play without all of the crap? Sure. But do I feel like I was f#cked with NWN2? Nope. It’s just not the game it should/could have been and in the future, I’ll be taking a wait and see approach for Obsidian games.

Edit: not to mention, community patches and games will definitely make NWN2 a gooden.

Yeah, I never actually played it either, but it was horribly buggy on my system too.

for the whingers:
Multiclass OC Companions
Even’s AI

another one:
Context Menu Party Roster

I haven’t liked the look of the graphics i’ve seen so far for this game. It’s all a bit to day-glo at the momment. ‘Aliens’ makes me think of dark lurking horror around the corner. The screenshots i’ve seen dont.

There’s no screenshots of this available yet, it’s not due until 2009.

Are you thinking of the “Alien Syndrome” screenshots? It’s nothing to do with this licence, that’s a remake of an old Sega game for the Wii & PSP.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=160573 actualy your right - i dont think the shots in that thread are for this game…i couldnt find any on the official site etc. Well that is good news then :)

There are bugs in NWN2?

Yep, those are PSP Alien Syndrome shots.

As far as Vampire goes, it’s got a lot of quest related bugs removed (plus some nifty templates to choose from per vampiric bloodline to change little things) but it can’t fix some of the renderer and physics issues that the game has. Primarily the fact that it is still playing pretty chunky, even on my PCIe 7900 GTO 512MB-- which seems odd since CS:S benchmark runs at about 120FPS in similar settings, and there are some very odd animation, clipping, and physics issues. In particular moving down staircases while crouching and in third-person view causes some weird “popping” (where the player model goes into standing mode very briefly as it hits the edge of a stair), and grabbing and throwing objects can sometimes lodge it between walls or floors (be careful about dropping items you really want to keep).

You’re my new favorite roman ursine