Odd forum behavior (that is not actually interesting)

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection termination

Still? It’s been pretty flawless here for me. Maybe your location? Try a VPN elsewhere, see if that helps narrow it down.

We back?

Yes, this is the new host right now.

Viggo mourns his lost exposure.

The count of unread messages in threads isn’t updating when I read the thread. I have read the same message about 60% of international buyers are cash buyers 3 times but it is still listed as new in the recommended thread list.

See if it still happens in a couple of hours, some things are still getting sorted out behind the scenes. Image uploads didn’t work, then suddenly now they do.

360_F_377330581_ESb3HI9iSIM5ynL6qJkE8W9QnqTnIJYM

What % of the transfer was Battlestar Galactica game threads? Seems like you’ve doomed humanity by networking two machines for them.

It’s OK, I know they say they have a plan, but they really don’t. It’s just about the song “All Along the Watchtower” and mystical rebirth crap.

Had to stop doing those because of all the images.

Yeah that’s the ticket.

What is up with the little exclamation points inside the notification bells? Windows’ Device Manager has trained me to freak out when I see an exclamation point because it means that something is amiss.

Just a much newer discourse version. We were unable to upgrade for a very long time, that’s why we went through the host changeover today.

Whew!

Thanks for your ongoing efforts to keep this place functioning!

Sho’ nuff!

I’m getting an issue where the front page of the forums is not updating/refreshing at all, ie, all the threads in the topic are 23 hours old. But if I log out, I see all the latest threads as you should. I’ve tried deleting all my Qt3 cookies but that did not fix it.

Filled-in bell with exclamation: watching (you get notifications when people post to it.)
Bell without exclamation: tracking (shows in your unread threads, but no notifications unless you get @ mentioned.)

I think tracking is the nicer experience. On forums where I create threads, the default is watching and I usually change it to tracking with the m t keyboard shortcut unless I’m posting an urgent question.

Just cleared my browser cache and that did not fix the problem.

But if I log out

Something wonky since the move, quite frequently I can load the home page (same as Woolen, pretty sure I’m seeing the last time I visited, not the current threads) and clicking on any subforum or thread just spins the circle, it never loads. I can hit Reload on Chrome and it will reload the home page in the same state. If I come back minutes later it often will work for a while and then do the same, for instance I saw this thread and tried to click it, had the spinning circle, refresh, refresh, went away for five minutes and came back and could see this thread again, could click into it and post.

Seems cacheish/cookieish, but I don’t know much about this stuff.

That’s happening to me too, but specifically when using the little house icon in the circle at the upper left. It just takes me to a page with the header and the spinning blue circle every single time. If I click the original link on my favorites bar it takes me back home just fine, but that icon hasn’t worked since the changeover.

Using Chrome btw. I did need to delete my cookies to get it to stop showing some old snapshot of unread messages, which worked.