Of the space sim games on Gametap, which is best?

I thought X3 was ok, if you’re willing to dedicate the time it takes to get into it. If not, then yeah, it’s no fun. I didn’t really like it at first, but I was bored and kept tooling around with it until I realized I was actually doing pretty good. Then it started having its moments. X2? Not so much.

How do they compare the original X? It was very slow, especially at first, but I kind of liked it. It felt interesting to me, and I never really did much fighting. Just traded and built up some businesses.

Well, that’s the one on Gametap, so I guess Turner doesn’t want us having any fun with it. :-)

Wing Commander IV is up now too.

Wing Commander IV, Wing Commander, and Freespace 2 are all must-plays.

For my taste, X3 is the best of the series. It has the best interface (of that somewhat annoying style of interface), you can fly with the mouse pretty easily if that’s your thing (a lot more of the interface is clickable as well), the graphics are stunning, with the latest patches is runs well…

I got hooked with the first X:BTF, but the single ship seemed a little dull and I never got into the story. Then I heard about X-Tension and tracked it down from Germany. Better graphics, opened up ship ownership, no silly story. Really was the version I was looking for. X2 never really clicked with me for some reason. X3 brings me back to X-Tension in a lot of good ways (especially when you just fire up the non-story starting points and go).

If you had some fun with past games in the series, I genuinely believe you will enjoy X3.

The license allows one to make copies of the original. I can’t imagine what legal department approved it.

Well, no wonder it only sold like 20k copies. Damn shame. It’s a fine game.

Get a copy of Tie Fighter Collectors Edition for $5.00 on Ebay. You won’t regret it unless you are part of the Fuck Star Wars crowd.