Oh Chow Yun Fat, I hardly knew thee

While looking up some stuff on asian cinema some friends and I wanted to see what Chow Yun Fat was up to and we ran across this in imdb.

I was stricken by this description.

An original fusion of gothic western and classic horror in which a bounty hunter of zombies (Yun-Fat Chow)…

I thought Bulletproof Monk was bad but this… I’m speechless. He probably should have stayed in HK because his career is dropping like a rock here in the US. What’s really sad is that like the proverbial moth, I’ll watch this if I have the opportunity.

Hollywood just doesn’t seem to know what to do with Hong Kong stars. It took Jackie Chan 20 years and at least 2 attempts to get Hollywood to let him do what he’s good at and most of his recent films have still been pretty weak. Jet Li hasn’t done that well, Sammo got a fairly ropey TV deal and Michelle Yeoh got relegated to Bond Girl.

(I deliberately left Bruce Lee out)

I doubt anything can top (bottom?) bulletproof monk. I actually burst out in tears whenever it’s mentioned.

Think about hard boiled, think about hard boiled, think about hard boiled…

I’m with you. Sounds like a classic chinese schlock film, which I enjoy.

Since the Killer was as cheesy fun as they get, I’m thinking it could be done right with the perfect blend of attitude and blatant disregard for realism.