Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

To expand on my comment yesterday about barbs, I am really impressed with how they have done this. I am finding that whether it’s generic barbarians or tribes, these are no longer positive resources – “future city sites in my pocket, just a matter of gathering them up before the other nations do.” They can actually overrun you with all their units, and if they can’t kill you, they are vicious about pillaging. But beyond that, even if you are prepared for them, they can easily soak up your orders.

I have been playing at “Glorious” difficulty level, and I can tell you, I would not want more of a challenge at this point. :)

On a less positive note, they have changed the interface for giving workers orders, and it is frustrating me quite a bit. I gather they are having trouble working out the best system, but in my mind, this is a step backwards. Lots of time clicking around trying to give orders – especially when looking for non-standard things like “repair pillaging” :)

Added later: I also see improvement in the events. Not just new ones, but traits – even apparently positive ones – hedging you in as to what responses you can give to situations. The CK2 aspect of the game is getting better.