Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

So, after fighting the Romans to a standstill over the course of the better part of two decades, which I’m finding a pretty common military outcome, I offer a truce and they accept. As an aside, for a game that appears to really want me to mix it up militarily, I’m finding it rather difficult to do anything other than grind to stalemates.

I kept the units scattered about where they stopped fighting and watched what happened next, and it’s what didn’t happen I found interesting. In light of the fact I paid handsomely for alliances with Assyria and Egypt and spent still more money asking them to go to war with Rome. It was more than a little curious to see the Roman units not move anywhere at all for the most part and I didn’t see any Egyptian or Assyrian armies engaging them.

The only engagement I’ve seen by either ally is with barbarians.

edit: hold the phone, the very next year after posting this the assyrians show up and attack Roman city north of my closest city to them for a couple turns. I wonder if the other empires hold off attacking when you enlist them to join a war until you’re not fighting them?!