Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

There are some good stories that develop, being more than a little inefficient in managing my empire I gave my line of kings and queens lots of time to succeed or fail. When I completed this one I looked back and Queen Quanar II was “the glorious” and gained 40 points during her 35 year reign. Killed 59 units, lost 13 under her command while also making 75 improvements, so she was a queen of both guns and butter.

This campaign saw an early engagement with Rome I mentioned further above that was a meat grinder that ended in a stalemate when I decided we were not going to win and other empires were pulling ahead.

The period of peace that followed turned into an arms race of development the Egyptians who stayed to themselves off in the east were winning so I groomed some family members for diplomacy and threw wads of cash at the other empires and got them to declare on Egypt to slow them down.

Meanwhile I finished off completing my army and getting them to the front (this latter part is no mean feat as it takes time to move across the map).

With 40 years left before the clock ran out and fully convinced I was going to lose I started in earnest the attack on Egypt to gain enough cities and the wonders they’d built to win.

I made it with 5 years to spare! Glorious victory for Carthage.