Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

Yeah, that’s definitely better than an in-game victory Thanks for having a look.

Besides,I enjoy these campaigns so much I don’t mind playing them out. Just asking about it more out of curiosity.

Oh and Soren I was serious about that merch idea, I’d buy a shirt with the Old World tree on it in a heart beat.

Hey, did this latest update tweak the colors a bit? I could swear the color blue for Persia changed, I like the new color btw!

Barbarians feel like more of a threat too, I assume that got a tweak yes? I’ve currently got 3 or 4 that popped up by one city. One of my families is very unhappy with me.

Edit: And while it could just be me, I often find on medium and large maps it would be cool to be able to zoom our further than I can.

Interestingly I was playing on to the finish and during the course of a long war and constant battles with rebels I’m pretty sure I lost some ground on my double points score, but when I took one of the enemy nations cities and reclaimed one of my cities from the rebels the double points victory triggered. I had either 46 or 47 points to the next closest being 23.

So, in the end it triggered for the victory! Quite enjoyable once again.

My last couple games, the tribes were much less of a threat.

Agreed

Actually you’re right on that point as I managed to tackle them early for some new spots to build and then worked on peace with them. It was rebels popping up at my cities that was proving a headache. Whereas in the past I might get one or two, I had 3 or 4 appear at more than one city.

The penalty for not keeping folks happy appears to have been ramped up a tad.

Just a note to say I’m still super stoked about this game! I keep leaving it for a week or two and coming back to it. In that time there are generally a couple of updates and there are new events and such. I get endless enjoyment from starting new games using random - families, barbarians, map variations. Also I have been successfully ratcheting up the difficulty and am up to “Magnificent” I believe.

One thing about the game I’m not dialed into yet; how much should I care about my succession, when should I be having malcontents jailed or exiled; that sort of thing. But in a way, not knowing is half the fun with some of these mechanisms.

I’m excited about introducing the game to my kids through hotseat play. Very cool to put that in there.

https://www.mohawkgames.com/2020/10/14/old-world-update-22/

I’m really looking forward to this game leaving early access. I don’t want to burn out on it before its done, so I haven’t play much in the last few months. Although I am may take a shot of playing multiplayer before than. Anyone up for a game?

This is such a great thing to read. This is what we aim for when fine tuning our game, to get this type of sentiment. Thank you for validating our efforts, instincts, and vision.

Yes! I am reading through your thread to compare them and now. Thank you! This is a great throwback.

How much longer is the Epic exclusivity?

This has been on my wishlist for a while and I’m contemplating this with an Epic voucher. What is the current state of the game? It’s looking good from screenshots, lovely art and while Update 22 was a few months back, I haven’t any idea when an actual version 1.0 release date will be. Is the current version fully playable, how is balancing?

I haven’t played it in probably 6 months and it was good then.

I’ve not played for a couple of months, to avoid burnout. But it is been fully releasable game since the summer. Probably the best 4x game since Civ IV.

What those guys said. I haven’t played it in months, and it was polished and fun back then. I stopped to avoid burnout.

Ditto

Damn this kind of motivates me to go back and try it for the first time in months.

I bought the game a while ago. I’m trying to wait a bit more to play but it’s getting really difficult.