Old World: How does X work? Post your gameplay questions here!

Ah, okay. That’s going to be a bit confusing, to be told in the text that this option is only available to “charming” characters, but to avoid telling me elsewhere in the game which characters are “charming”. I guess that’s what the tooltip means by “included in charming”. Whenever something says “charming”, it means a variety of traits and I don’t have any way of knowing what they are. :(

On a similar note, I’m getting frustrated and confused trying to parse the effects of the four character attributes: wisdom, charisma, courage, and discipline (I don’t even know what these values are called and they’re not listed in the civilopedia, so I’ll just go with “attributes” for the time being). For instance, here’s a character whose courage of three would add 12 points of training if she were my leader:

OW courage

So the obvious inference is that each point of courage adds four points of training. Easy enough. But let’s look at what my actual leader gets from his courage of four:

OW more courage

Q: What is even going on there? +40 points to training??? So much for my “each point of courage adds four points of training” theory. Does the bonus for courage hit a threshold at four where each point gives you 10 points of training? Or, more likely, am I misunderstanding how character attributes work?

-Tom