OLED TV: is it time?

I hear you. Our new bedroom has a built-in opposite the bed with a motorized stand that lifts the tv up from inside the cabinet. It’s cool, I guess, but the tv is like 40ish inches and you can’t go larger than that and use the thing.

Optimal for whom? I want immersion!

I think they only make sense for spec builds, where you are doing something that you want, and it doesn’t matter if anyone else would. Which makes them instantly annoying once the original owner sells.

Seeing $2450 for 65” c9 at Costco and 2500 at Amazon and others. Wondering if these will wind up at about 2k by Black Friday. Tempted to just go get one at that price.

That video was an incredibly tense watch. The presenter is so forcefully spoken and intense!

I think yes. Bought mine for less 2 years ago during the black Friday sales.

BFG monitors need to come down in price. They haven’t registered anywhere in terms of uptake.

No HDR though, no TV Tuner. No G-sync. Seems wildly expensive. Why not just plug it into an OLED TV display? Silly.

Also, I mentioned above but this article brings it up again so I assume it’s still an issue with the technology - but burn-in is an instant turn off for me. No thanks, too much responsibility. Sometimes I come back from work and realize I left my monitor on the entire time, for instance. Too expensive to worry about stuff like that.

Screen savers are still a thing!

Actually kind of nice on such a big piece of wall equipment. Makes the big black reflective screen a bit less weird.

Yeah, that thing is absurd. They add a USB hub to a stripped down OLED TV and charge more than twice as much?

Sure, until something prevents it from kicking in. Plus, the number of times a screen saver has caused an issue in Windows has made me leery of using them (though to be fair, I haven’t looked at enabling a screensaver since like Windows XP - maybe they are fine now, but I’ll never know - I put my equipment to sleep instead).

LG 9-series TVs get G-sync

Nice. I’m probably going to grab the 77 and a 55 in C9s on Black Friday. I have an E6 65 that I’ll keep for the 3D and because it’s amazing. Time to finally retire the 2006 Panasonic Commercial Plasma, which saddens me :(

Nooooo! My Panny Plasma lives still.

Anyone ever use one of these? Reason I am asking is the bedroom tv I use is wall mounted in the corner of the small sitting area I have in my bedroom, I’d like to get a bigger tv with this stand and then be able to swing the tv towards the bed if I want to watch while laying down.

Seems like a swivel/articulated mount would take up less space

And you could angle it down, too

How do they work with say a 55-65" tv? seems like a lot of TV to swing out from he wall.

I’d pretty much need a 90 degree swing away.