One less superdelegate

Muahahahah.

Thanks to Zell Miller, there is a rule to deal with Joe Lieberman. Lieberman’s endorsement of Republican John McCain disqualifies him as a super-delegate to the Democratic National Convention under what is informally known as the Zell Miller rule, according to Democratic State Chairwoman Nancy DiNardo.
Miller, then a Democratic senator from Georgia, not only endorsed Republican George Bush four years ago, but he delivered a vitriolic attack on Democrat John Kerry at the Republican National Convention.
The Democrats responded with a rule disqualifying any Democrat who crosses the aisle from being a super delegate. Lieberman will not be replaced, DiNardo said.

He he he.

I didn’t think Lieberman was a superdelegate since he was elected to the Senate as an independent.

All part of Joe’s plan to become McCain’s VP.

I wouldn’t be so gleeful Jason, the democrats are going to need him if they nominate Hillary.

'Cause goodbye Red State Democratic congressional candidates. And goodbye any chance to have a filibuster proof Senate.

How long did that irrelevant response take to think of? You could just create a generic thread about how much you don’t like her, you know.

Rolled right off my brain, how bout yours?

But honestly, why do you think Clair McCaskill and a lot of the MO democratic candidates endosed Obama? I’m glad I asked me. Because Hillary at the top of the ticket will kill red and purple state candidates.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/F767A54F336EC87B862573CF0007ACD6?OpenDocument

McCaskill joins the region’s Democratic members of Congress in her support of Obama. U.S. Reps. William Lacy Clay and Russ Carnahan, both D-St. Louis, are backing their Illinois neighbor, as is U.S. Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Belleville.

St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay is supporting Clinton, along with ex-U.S. Rep. Richard Gephardt, D-St. Louis County, and former Govs. Bob Holden and Warren Hearnes. Clinton’s state director state Rep. Rachel Storch, D-St. Louis.

Funny, Hillary’s endorsers are guys that don’t have to run for office any more.

P.S. I thought about a grand anti-Hillary thread but its more fun to constantly inject her into every thread and bit by bit kill your soul (like her administration would kill America’s).

B.T.W. - Jason, I been hating Liberman from wayyyy back, he’s one of the reasons I didn’t vote for Gore. Gore would of had him one heartbeat away from the White House…remember?

She doesn’t stand for re-election til 2012. I think her being a freshman senator has more to do with it than fear of McCain coattails or right wing h-balls for “H”