Open-Source ‘Consent-O-Matic’ Tool Lets Anyone Automatically Stop Websites From Tracking Them

Anyone use this?

Sounds like a useful thing. I cannot remember what site it was, but the way they handled consent was it was easy to opt in to everything. Just a single button. But to opt out, there was this ridiculously long list that you had to individually opt out of.

Just finding the opt out stuff is a real chore. If the site even has it. I have it on Firefox now. We’ll see how it works.

I have noticed recently that some sites are not allowing you to choose non-ads though it feels a bit disguised in their wording where most sites seem to have an only what is necessary button in the choices screen.

Nice find! I’ve added it to my Mac & iOS installs and we’ll see how it does over the next few days. So far I’ve noticed it takes care of some obvious sites (Eurogamer), but not so much others that I’d also assume are obvious (GOG).

Another must-have Add On. Thanks!

If this works, I’ll be so happy. I hate hate hate all the cookie consent prompts and unintuitive toggle lists. No! Leave me be!