Orcs Must Die 2

Pogo and I were playing the co-op earlier. It definitely adds a lot to the game. It seems easier to go for trap combos playing co-op as the team can combine their traps to go for higher combos.

This game looks hot, Endless gameplay, endless fun. I hope the network model allow to jump on strangers game, I dont have friends.

Watching that TB video I was very angry, like a sports fan watching a terrible footbal team. I cant wait to play some level with a decent chokepoint in endless mode, and build the most excesive killzone ever.

Extremely so. In fact, to be honest I’m not sure I’ve ever actually used it in my many many hours of playtesting the game. There a lot more weapon & trap choices in OMD2 compared to the 1st one. At least 4 (maybe more?) “base” weapons that don’t require mana to attack, plus a bunch of other traditional spell-type weapons.

Music to my ears, I prefer to play this as a traditional tower defense game and use the crossbow as a last resort

I love the way things unlock this time around.

Not going to touch the demo since I have pre-ordered and am waiting for the full package. Shame that that couldn’t get released ahead of the weekend. Damn you!

This is the game I’m going to try to use to introduce my girlfriend to co-op gaming.

Well, pilonv1, it still isn’t very playable like a traditional tower defense game. That’s just not what we were trying to build. However if you play the sorceress you can charm enemies and use the more trap-like magical defenses and it takes on a very different tactical nature.

Is any of the co-op splitscreen?

Yeah that’s not going to happen.

RPS Wot I Think… http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/27/wot-i-think-orcs-must-die-2/#more-117870

Ok, WHO OF YOU HAS STOLEN MY COPY OF Orcs Must Die 2 ?

It don’t show on my list of game. Or the list of released games… WAIT, I have found it!.

installing :D

:|

can’t seem to get mine give a download option, damn you steam!

EDIT!!!

WTF , so I restarted and its there, and now downloading almost 3gig… GG Steam on letting me pre-load this… >.>

I had the same problem, had to restart Steam.

On my first survival game, I managed to get to wave 29.

Maxing the archer and the spike wave its good. The dwarf dude is cool to, as something like a hybrid archer/guardian. I have seen only a small fraction of the game. This time there will be fun for about 60 hours, I think.

I don’t know if i’d say that about the dwarf grenadiers. They are more mid range indirect fire, but they also don’t really seem to be area of effect so they are slightly harder to use than archers whom are pinpoint accurate.

My favorite is freezing traps/push traps (with stun upgrade) in a field/corridor in front of a group of dwarves with a few paladins in front of them. Enemies seem to become MUCH more vulnerable to damage when frozen and they can’t move while frozen (duh), so the grenades just rip things up. If they get past the freezers, the paladins hold them from devastating my poor dwarves that can barely take more damage than an archer.

I’ve taken to using this strategy in most maps, at least partly because almost every map seems to throw sappers at you frequently which makes my typical barricade walls much more prone to failing.

I like how they shifted some abilities and traps from the War Mage to the Sorceress and given him some new stuff instead so you don’t feel like you’re rebuying the same improvements from the first game.

I am not enjoying this as much as the first. It seems…much more hectic/fast to me, which, as a single player type of enthusiast, isn’t as fun. I can see how some people feel it was balanced more around co-op. I mean, it’s not extremely hard, but I just don’t feel like I’m able to manage the map as well as in the first game. I am only 6-7 maps in, but I feel I was able to take advantage of the castle design from the first much more. I should state that I am using the sorceress, and haven’t played with the war mage. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m still really digging the game. It just doesn’t feel as satisfying.

And is it just me or do the sappers NEVER skip a barricade now, even though there is an open route elsewhere? It’s like there’s no reason to use them on most maps because reacting to a broken barricade is worse than simply placing elves, dwarves, or guardians and expecting things to get through.

I think OMD2 is a game that don’t want you creating a killzone that is warranted to kill everything.
Is a game that want you create a “theme park of dead” where orcs will enter, but not exit… or ocassionally exit unharmed, and force you to be there and kill them.

It will, probably, be possible to subvert this style of the game my abusing the most abusable traps in combination with other abusable traps.

You can play maybe 8 archers in a single tiles. This 500*8 points of defense in a single tile.

Barricades, for what I can see, have a trait that you can buy where self-heal. If you can avoid the exploide orcs, you can perhaps make them life long. What a barricade do is very op… the pathfinding is bad on purpose and orcs will walk until the dead end of a tunnel before deciding to use other route. Two barricades can force a S shaped router. Things can get interesting with barricades.

I just started with the game, too, but I think I will be able to subvert the design of it. Like, if theres a trap/unit that can snipe fast units, this will be a interesting unit to use.

UPDATE:

Anyone know how teh “Void wall” work? I have no idea what is a valid position to place it.

I guess the thing with barricades is that orcs have a priority list, and they go for that which is closest. I don’t enjoy this as the only way to really stop it is to:

1. be in the front all the time to draw their attention

2. Place dummy barricades in random closer areas to draw their attention

Maybe it was a glitch in OMD 1, but often times sappers would still follow the nearest open path and not just run towards the nearest barricade.